Did you mean: 

Chase Ink transfer to Freedom?

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Ink transfer to Freedom?

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Why not just wait instead of making dad take HP if ultimately you want the card under you name and thus another HP under your credit?   Obviously you are getting at something here, just trying to figure out what..  Points/Cash back you want in the future from your dads application?   I am a bit confused why such a convoluted way of getting the card under your name in the long run? 

Believe me, I wouldn't have started a thread if there was no way around it.

We need a card right now for business purposes. As you said, I shouldn't be rushing for credit, which I certainly do not plan to do for a card that I don't need just yet.

Yes that was one point -- being able to get points from my dad's card to transfer to airline partners, but that isn't the biggest problem for me.

I'm saying I will be the one managing the company when I get older instead of my dad, and I'll probably be the one racking up the most points. If the card was still under my dad's name then I wouldn't be able to transfer to airline partners. An even more reason why I'm worried about this is due to the fact that I just want to be able to use this card under my name in the future for transfers. (Whereas my dad won't be using it since he doesn't care about CCs). 

This is probably out of the realm for Chase, since business cards are about two years or more down the road for you.  My credit was older when I applied.  You definitely need to slow on apps.  Why not have Dad start with Amex SimplyCash, and use amex travel portal (they have low price guarantee).  Then later, apply for Ink Plus (not Cash) if you want to transfer points.  Your Dad might warm up to CC's with the SimplyCash.

Signature needs updating
Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Why not just wait instead of making dad take HP if ultimately you want the card under you name and thus another HP under your credit?   Obviously you are getting at something here, just trying to figure out what..  Points/Cash back you want in the future from your dads application?   I am a bit confused why such a convoluted way of getting the card under your name in the long run? 

We need a card right now for business purposes. As you said, I shouldn't be rushing for credit, which I certainly do not plan to do for a card that I don't need just yet.

Yes that was one point -- being able to get points from my dad's card to transfer to airline partners, but that isn't the biggest problem for me.

I'm saying I will be the one managing the company when I get older instead of my dad, and I'll probably be the one racking up the most points. If the card was still under my dad's name then I wouldn't be able to transfer to airline partners. An even more reason why I'm worried about this is due to the fact that I just want to be able to use this card under my name in the future for transfers. (Whereas my dad won't be using it since he doesn't care about CCs). 

This is probably out of the realm for Chase, since business cards are about two years or more down the road for you.  My credit was older when I applied.  You definitely need to slow on apps.  Why not have Dad start with Amex SimplyCash, and use amex travel portal (they have low price guarantee).  Then later, apply for Ink Plus (not Cash) if you want to transfer points.  Your Dad might warm up to CC's with the SimplyCash.

That is a definite no for the SimplyCash, hence why I insisted on posting this thread with the primary focus on Ink Cash -- please refer to my original post. Reason why I do not want to apply for SimplyCash is because it is 1) an amex -- therefore not accepted by many utiliity companies. 2) no 5% cashback in the categories I want, which are covered in Ink Cash.

I do not want the Ink Plus either. Don't like paying AF. Would rather do it for CSP. Once again, that is sole purpose of creating this thread -- to see if what I want to do is possible. 

Also, as previously stated, no need to warn me about slowing down with my credit lol. I already got what I wanted....if you look in my sig you can see I only want one more card. 

Message 22 of 30
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

That is a definite no for the SimplyCash, hence why I insisted on posting this thread with the primary focus on Ink Cash -- please refer to my original post. Reason why I do not want to apply for SimplyCash is because it is 1) an amex -- therefore not accepted by many utiliity companies. 2) no 5% cashback in the categories I want, which are covered in Ink Cash.

I do not want the Ink Plus either. Don't like paying AF. Would rather do it for CSP. Once again, that is sole purpose of creating this thread -- to see if what I want to do is possible. 

Also, as previously stated, no need to warn me about slowing down with my credit lol. I already got what I wanted....if you look in my sig you can see I only want one more card. 

But you started with transferring points.  So, a bit confusing.  Also, does your Dad have a business card already?  The reason I am up for ink cash is because of my internal score with Chase, and because I already have a business card.  Only offering suggestions.  Thought you wanted it for your father, but you are more interested in categories for yourself?  Need to calm down son, us business people been there, done that.  Many were turned down on initial apps, to be approved later after getting other business cards.  

Or, in the words of Jagger, you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need. Smiley Tongue

Signature needs updating
Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

But you started with transferring points.  So, a bit confusing.  Also, does your Dad have a business card already?  The reason I am up for ink cash is because of my internal score with Chase, and because I already have a business card.  Only offering suggestions.  Thought you wanted it for your father, but you are more interested in categories for yourself?  Need to calm down son, us business people been there, done that.  Many were turned down on initial apps, to be approved later after getting other business cards.  

Or, in the words of Jagger, you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need. Smiley Tongue

That's true. Sorry about that lol. Don't mean to come off as defensive/offensive at all. Smiley Happy 

I don't think we need to worry about his credit profile. He does indeed have a business credit card, and other multiple ones. 850 scores across the board, and he's 50+ years old with great AAoA and other types of credit. 99% sure he will pass the internal scoring.

Think business scoring will go fine as well since we make a hefty amount of income that can be substantiated on our tax returns or bank statements.

Sorry, I meant categories for the business. Cell phone bills, etc, -- what chase offers for the ink cash is what I want for our business to use so we can get the most rewards out of our spend. 

Now, to my main question. Let's say he gets approved for Ink cash. We build up rewards, he gets cash back. Then he retires and hands everything over to me.  

Now I'm wondering, will I be able to remove his card from the account in order to apply with my own SSN? This is so I can use the card, and build UR points for myself to transfer to my card.

Message 24 of 30
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

When he retires, then you would use the EIN. This is an llc, correct? IF you have large enough income from business, then you might consider the corporate cards (your Dad has plenty of credit).

I don't think you need the card RIGHT NOW, simply because your Dad has plenty of credit. I would do as suggested above (you could even get the card before Dad retires, as CFO). Since you can't transfer points anyways, wait a few, and get the card on your own. I noted Chase lending said I was good to go for Ink Cash, but I have not applied yet. Even I, whom would love the 5% back for a partial internet based business, must wait. Want those scores to climb, and insta approval (if at all possible) when apply for Ink Cash. I would even say, give it a year, and you could get one (treat your new Chase cards well).

Just my two cents.
Signature needs updating
Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
When he retires, then you would use the EIN. This is an llc, correct? IF you have large enough income from business, then you might consider the corporate cards (your Dad has plenty of credit).

I don't think you need the card RIGHT NOW, simply because your Dad has plenty of credit. I would do as suggested above (you could even get the card before Dad retires, as CFO). Since you can't transfer points anyways, wait a few, and get the card on your own. I noted Chase lending said I was good to go for Ink Cash, but I have not applied yet. Even I, whom would love the 5% back for a partial internet based business, must wait. Want those scores to climb, and insta approval (if at all possible) when apply for Ink Cash. I would even say, give it a year, and you could get one (treat your new Chase cards well).

Just my two cents.

But I'm missing out on those 5% categories, dang it. That's the reason why I said I wanted them right now >_>........ 

Actually, it's not even for me. My dad and I (mostly dad) wanted the cards a LONG TIME AGO, but we never got around to it. He wants it so the business has its own credit card and separate credit.

Now that I requested my EIN letters, we finally can...

Knowing this, would you still advise on holding off apping, and just app on my own next year? Also just to note, the categories in the ink cash is one of our highest fixed spends, and that's why I personally wanted them. Dad just wants them because he wants to separate personal from business, and hasn't gotten around to it yet (for many years lol). 

Message 26 of 30
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

Just my two cents.

But I'm missing out on those 5% categories, dang it. That's the reason why I said I wanted them right now >_>........ 

Actually, it's not even for me. My dad and I (mostly dad) wanted the cards a LONG TIME AGO, but we never got around to it. He wants it so the business has its own credit card and separate credit.

Now that I requested my EIN letters, we finally can...

Knowing this, would you still advise on holding off apping, and just app on my own next year? Also just to note, the categories in the ink cash is one of our highest fixed spends, and that's why I personally wanted them. Dad just wants them because he wants to separate personal from business, and hasn't gotten around to it yet (for many years lol). 

Should still wait.  Let your internal score with Chase grow.  I consolidated lines to the Chase freedom, but I used to have 2 Chase cards.  They upgraded the freedom to visa signature before March, based on my internal score.  That is when I found out from lending good candidate for Ink Cash.  We ALL would love those categories, which is why they tightened the reins.  But, it can complicate matters when you go to app for card, even if your father retires (it's like really?), if he has the card already.  And remember the 5/24 rule if going for CSP.  You need to wait two years (and no more apps, except for Ink) in order to get CSP.  Which is why I suggested the Ink Plus, kill two birds with one stone.  No 5/24 rule for business cards, can transfer points between freedom and whomever.  Also, hidden trade line, as is ink cash and SimplyCash.

Signature needs updating
Message 27 of 30
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous
50/50 stake LLC. He's ceo and I'm CFO.

You need to find another hobby, lol.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 28 of 30
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

IMO simplycash for business is a pretty solid card.. Obviously you have your reasons for wanting Chase.  I can pretty much gurantee though if you were to apply for the business card you would be talking with business UW and they would grill you like no tomorrow especially about new credit established, age of accounts, business, etc..  They are known to be rough on the business side and make the personal side look like a cake walk.  

Message 29 of 30
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Monoglot,

From my own experience, I spent the first couple of years building my credit with Uline and Fedex and Amazon Net30 accts. After a couple years I tested the Chase waters. Even then I barely squeaked in. There's always exceptions but Chase isn't the lender I'd choose right out the new business door.
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.