Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase app question

tag
awp317
Frequent Contributor

Chase app question

So curious what's going on here. I recently purchased a second business and wanted to get it a credit card. I'm over 5/24 so I can't get it any ink products like my other business has but applied for a Marriott for business and got a 30 day, called in nad the rep said after going over the app and considering my personal history with chase he was going to recommend for approval but it needed to go to one final department before full approval. The recording now went from 30 days to 7-10 and in my previous experience 7-10 always leads to denial. any thoughts? Thanks! 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase app question

There are two differen 7-10 messages and it appears that the Marriott card may be the one with the "other" 7-10 day message.  It's kinda discussed in this older thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Chase-7-10-day-message-on-marriott-card/td-...

Basically, 7-10 day messages for "pending" are usually a denial, but if the message says "if approved you will have your card in 7-10 days" that's totally different.

Message 2 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Weird.. Not sure what to say.. Recommended for approval doesn't always yield an approval ask me how I know lol.  I suppose it could also be verification either verification or denial IMO.. Could call verification dept. and ask if they need anything otherwise wait it out and see what comes in the mail.

You are correct the chase marriott business doesn't fall under the 5/24 although it still can be turned down for too many new accounts.

Message 3 of 9
awp317
Frequent Contributor

Unfortuantly its the "you will be notified in writing in 7-10 business days of our decision" So If its denied I will call and recon i guess. Im getting shot down as nobody wants to give me more business credit as I already have it on my existing business. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 4 of 9
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Last year when I got the 30 day message that changed to 7-10 days, it was a letter stating I needed to do a verification (I did have to wait for the letter though).

Also, I just got an Ink via in-branch pre-approval...I'm over 5/24

Keep us posted on your Marriott card!

Message 5 of 9
awp317
Frequent Contributor

so to update. I received a letter in the mail today asking for a tax Id and Address verification, faxed that over to them. Now the automated call has switched to saying I will be notified of their decision in 30 days. Hopefully it works. 

Message 6 of 9
awp317
Frequent Contributor

Approved, 15k Would really have liked double that. But hopefully with use i can take another HP and it will grow. 

Message 7 of 9
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 8 of 9
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

I thought it might just be a verfication issue!  Congrats on the approval!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.