Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase business ink offer?

tag
chbartel
Regular Contributor

Chase business ink offer?

So a little background.

I kept getting offers for the Marriott rewards card(because I had a Marriott hotel rewards membership).  I was declined because I had one baddie left on report(this was about 4 months ago). I had called in for recon and she told me get baddie removed(which i was just waiting on credit report update) and they would approve me.  I had been getting these offers consistently for the past few years.

about 4 weeks after I applied, I got an offer for Ritz card in the mail. This was actually the card I really wanted for the Gold Marriott status.  I had never received one of these offers in mail before.  I waited for the baddie to update on report properly and applied. Instant $16k approval for Ritz.

Next day I decided to app for the Chase Business Ink, but got denied. I did recon, still decline.

Fast forward 1 month later and now I get a Chase business ink offer in the mail.  I have never received any Chase business card offers before....should I try again or are they playing with my mind??

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase business ink offer?

They are playing with your mind.  These are just marketing techniques.  Not set in stone.  For example, I have the Chase Ink cards already and I keep getting offers in the mail to apply.

Message 2 of 4
chbartel
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They are playing with your mind.  These are just marketing techniques.  Not set in stone.  For example, I have the Chase Ink cards already and I keep getting offers in the mail to apply.

what I find interesting is in both this case and the Ritz, I had NEVER got an offer in the mail until after I applied for a card with them(except the Marriott that is).    Something must have came up, I just don't believe in that many coincidences...

but I am going to wait 6 months to apply for Ink after I show some history with the Ritz.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chbartel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

what I find interesting is in both this case and the Ritz, I had NEVER got an offer in the mail until after I applied for a card with them(except the Marriott that is).    Something must have came up, I just don't believe in that many coincidences...

but I am going to wait 6 months to apply for Ink after I show some history with the Ritz.

Good decision to wait for 6 months.. Chase is very very strange sometimes..

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.