Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chevron Fleet MasterCard Late Fee!!!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Chevron Fleet MasterCard Late Fee!!!

So I picked this card up for the $.20 cents off a gallon for a year but it's really been an out of my way trouble since getting it to make even the $.20 cents end up saving me at least $.5 cvents compared to 76 Gas that rules this city and prices almost always and I'm still getting $.5 cents off on my 76 card... Anyway for those of you that have the card I don't know if it's just me but the only system is terrible to me and I try to pay it weekly but it never shows payments from the previous week and I have to go look in a 3rd party payment system for my payment and figure out correct balance and clearly I did it wrong as I was looking at the statement yesterday and it's like 4 weeks worth of bills without payments so I start clicking back each week trying to see the bills because I did know I skipped 1 week and paid a big junk last week or something and I see about 1.5 weeks ago I see a $75 late fee on a bill of $69. OUCH

I called in and finally get to the right department and I'm like $75 is the late fee? I only charged $69!

I explained I found the system extremely confusing

so he starts to go over some of the bills and payments to where I was late and what I owe now so I can get to $0 and says "you owed $94 from xx week and then $109 from this week for total of ="

I was like wait, $94 including the $75?

yes

well then I'm REALLY confused by your system because my bill was 69 and if you are saying I owed 94 with the 75 then that means I paid but some how was short a small amount.

he didn't clarify but agreed to credit back the $75 but I still had to make payment for the full amount and he the $75 would be a credit (like credit to use not credit I could get as cash) I started to question and argue for a minute but then decided to just make the payment including the $75 and call it a day.

I will figure out if I have to make a purchase for the $75 or if I can request credit later but I am DONE with this card!!

user error or not I can't risk $75 fees when I usually charge less than $120 every statement (bi-weekly) and with the confusing system and 3rd party bill pay it just doesn't pay to go out of my way to not use 76.

just heads up on that fee though, I have never heard of such a thing.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
thatguy1
Contributor

Re: Chevron Fleet MasterCard Late Fee!!!

I got rid of the Chevron card and just got a normal CC. They never even reported to the credit reporting agencies. Weekly payments are a joke and half the time their website didn't work correctly.

$15,400 - $1400 Just Unsecured- $10500 - $2300
123 Rewards AU $1500 - BofA AU $2300 - Discover It AU $7200 - Discover It AU $8000
~505 EQ in Jan of 13, now at EQ 690 / TU 674 / EX 681 according to myFICO.com.
Message 2 of 5
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Who needs a card where you have too pay weekly?

Just get a business card from someone who has a monthly payment system.

I might think about the AmEx PLUM, but there are no fees due, only discount lost if you don't pay immediately.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

Who needs a card where you have too pay weekly?

Just get a business card from someone who has a monthly payment system.

I might think about the AmEx PLUM, but there are no fees due, only discount lost if you don't pay immediately.

I got it for the $.20 cents off a gallon but as I notice more with my $.5 cents a gallon at 76 gas it's nearly the same as after the $.20 cents chevron is so much more around here and harder to find!

Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chevron Fleet MasterCard Late Fee!!! - CLOSED ACCOUNT

Received my statement today and not only do I have the $75 credit for the fee reversal that I expected becuase they would not let me pay the balance minus the fee but I have another $22.22 credit from another payment I guess... she had to go to different screens to even find the $75 credit as she said it would be on my next statement... I'm like this tells me the system is just as terrible for you as it is for me since I'm looking at my billing statement right now with the full $97.70 credit and your saying it's not even there yet... I would like a refund of that.

she says they don't issue refunds of credit balances unless the account is closed, otherwise it will sit and apply towards future use only.

I told her to close the account then!

which of course is complicated and requires a form to be emailed to me and I have to sign and send back.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.