Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chevron approved - by accident

tag
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

Chevron approved - by accident

on saturday night i went to chevron business credit card website to see what info app would look for. i went through the motion of applying, but did not submit it. instead i closed the browser and called it a night. this morning, found an email from their fraud department to submit some business documents. called and verified identity. told csr i wanted to withdraw app and if cr already been pulled. she said cr has already been pulled for the credit limit. i told her that i did not submit app. csr said that somehow system submitted it and that she's heard before of some app going through without customer submitting.

but anyways, since cr was already pulled, i went ahead and not wasted an inq and accepted the approval. was approved for $1.5k for the regular gas card.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Chevron approved - by accident

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 7
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 3 of 7
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@TravellingNomad wrote:

on saturday night i went to chevron business credit card website to see what info app would look for. i went through the motion of applying, but did not submit it. instead i closed the browser and called it a night. this morning, found an email from their fraud department to submit some business documents. called and verified identity. told csr i wanted to withdraw app and if cr already been pulled. she said cr has already been pulled for the credit limit. i told her that i did not submit app. csr said that somehow system submitted it and that she's heard before of some app going through without customer submitting.

but anyways, since cr was already pulled, i went ahead and not wasted an inq and accepted the approval. was approved for $1.5k for the regular gas card.

CongratsSmiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 4 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Good story, grats on the card Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 6 of 7
ChargeItPlease
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your accidental approval.

Starting Score: 400s (2011) Current: EQ 655 (01-2014) Goal: 700 Last app: 01-01-14. No apps 'til 12-2014!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.