Established Contributor

Chevron approved - by accident

on saturday night i went to chevron business credit card website to see what info app would look for. i went through the motion of applying, but did not submit it. instead i closed the browser and called it a night. this morning, found an email from their fraud department to submit some business documents. called and verified identity. told csr i wanted to withdraw app and if cr already been pulled. she said cr has already been pulled for the credit limit. i told her that i did not submit app. csr said that somehow system submitted it and that she's heard before of some app going through without customer submitting.

but anyways, since cr was already pulled, i went ahead and not wasted an inq and accepted the approval. was approved for $1.5k for the regular gas card.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Chevron approved - by accident

Congrats 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13

Senior Contributor

congrats

Valued Contributor

TravellingNomad wrote:

on saturday night i went to chevron business credit card website to see what info app would look for. i went through the motion of applying, but did not submit it. instead i closed the browser and called it a night. this morning, found an email from their fraud department to submit some business documents. called and verified identity. told csr i wanted to withdraw app and if cr already been pulled. she said cr has already been pulled for the credit limit. i told her that i did not submit app. csr said that somehow system submitted it and that she's heard before of some app going through without customer submitting.

but anyways, since cr was already pulled, i went ahead and not wasted an inq and accepted the approval. was approved for $1.5k for the regular gas card.

Congrats:smileyhappy:

Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 813 (01/14/2015) Discover TU Fico - 809 (01/04/2015) EX Fico - 805 ( 01/04/2015 ) ******* Amex - BCP 10 K * Discover - IT 10.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 8.8 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 813 *** TU 809 *** EX 805 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 830's Scores ******
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Good story, grats on the card :smileyhappy:

EX Cred Ses 01/15: 765 ; EX Fico 04 V2 06/14: 775; EX Fico 08 BC 01/15: 839
EQ Beacon 5.0 12/14 757
TU Fico 8 01/15: 805

Congrats!
Starting Score: 760
Current Score: EX 804 TU 812 EQ 813
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your accidental approval.

Starting Score: 400s (2011) Current: EQ 655 (01-2014) Goal: 700 Last app: 01-01-14. No apps 'til 12-2014!

Get a myFICO recommended credit card

Copyright ©2001-2013 Fair Isaac Corporation.
All rights reserved.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.