Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AAvantage Citi Business World Mastercard Approval

tag
titancylinder
Regular Contributor

Citi AAvantage Citi Business World Mastercard Approval

Since becoming a member of myfico, checking my scores, and reading this forum, I have to say I have learned a wealth of information not only about financial institutions, but also from other people, like and different from me and their experiences with credit. 

With that being said, I have never participated in the forums, mainly due to not really having anything to say. But, today I thought I would mention the following.

I am a 23 year old business owner. I own, manage, and run, a small healthcare IT consulting company. My credit is at the very best slightly above average. Albeit it low 700's. But, higher than 720.

The other day, out of the blue I decided to apply to my second business credit card and to my dismul I got the dreaded "we need to review your application" from Citi. So, its 7PM CST, I decide to give them a call. Already thinking I'm denied because Chase denied me 3 weeks prior for ink. I spent 10 minutes on the phone with a credit analyst and boom, he says congratulations you are approved!

Stats >40% Total Credit Utilization. No cards above 4k limit. AAOA about 3.5 years. Been building credit for approx 4.5 years. No baddies, a few student loans. 

Income a little under 100,000. Verifiable.

So to anyone out there that is stressed or worried about business credit, I'm walking proof, it can be done. However, due to the US Code for Credit Cards, I think I'll stick to one business card and continue to use my personal cards for business as well. 

Edited for spelling

Coming Soon
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Citi AAvantage Citi Business World Mastercard Approval

Welcome to the forum and congrats

I recommend you stop using your personal card for business expenses

Some lenders will close the card if caught 

Wait 6 months of good use with your brand new Citi card and apply for another business card 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.