Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Costco Visa Business card vs Personal Card

tag
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Citi Costco Visa Business card vs Personal Card

I can't find much discussion on the Citi Costco Business card. I'm trying to decide if its worth considering.

Any forum members holding the Citi Costco Business card? I've heard Citi business cards DON'T report  to your personal credit report, so that's one plus.  

Any data points on wether underwriting criteria is any different between the two cards?

Thanks for your guidance and direction.

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi Costco Visa Business card vs Personal Card

Citi Business tends to lean towards easier I think than many business cards.

They are also like amex, they don't much care about business credit just straight personal credit to approve but doesn't report if you don't default.

Message 2 of 7
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Citi Business tends to lean towards easier I think than many business cards.

They are also like amex, they don't much care about business credit just straight personal credit to approve but doesn't report if you don't default.

Thanks for your reply creditaddict. Since Citi bases themselves primarily on personal credit for approvals, are there underwriting criteria equal to or stricter than there personal underwriting criteria? 

I'm also curious if they issue larger starting limits on business accounts vs Personal. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

My partner initially was only approved $1k on a business line when he had $25k on personal but after 2 HP CLI over about 10 months it is now his highest line and had I known about manual HP reviews from the beginning it might have been a lot faster!

he went $1k to $25k and that's what we had requested... should have gone higher!

his AA business is now $34,400 up from $25k off a request for $40k and they said the only reason they didn't approve that was based on the "reported business income" at the time.

These days I feel like I'm seeing fairly even between personal and business approvals.

Message 4 of 7
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Even Costco Business does not report the account in personal credit report, but I believe it still shows the inquiry. Citi still checks on the personal credit.

The business CC is easier to get approved than personal card since you already have the Costo membership and Citi personal double credit checks. The CL is very similar to personal CL.

Message 5 of 7
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@BronzeTrader wrote:

Even Costco Business does not report the account in personal credit report, but I believe it still shows the inquiry. Citi still checks on the personal credit.

The business CC is easier to get approved than personal card since you already have the Costo membership and Citi personal double credit checks. The CL is very similar to personal CL.

Hey Bronze, by "double credit checks" are you referring to Citis practice of double pulling your credit?

So for business accounts they only "single pull?"

Message 6 of 7
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

Hey Bronze, by "double credit checks" are you referring to Citis practice of double pulling your credit?

So for business accounts they only "single pull?"

When I said "double check", I meant that Citi first check your Costo membership. Then personal credit check. This is much secure than a blind credit card credit check. So the applicant is real. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.