Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Club Carlson Business

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Club Carlson Business

@scenery_guy wrote: We curiously opened it and low and behold it was a letter to someone else with all the info on the other person's frozen report including the pin number to unfreeze the account. Dumbfounded we called ARS and they argued that there was no way we received someone else's mail. They finally admitted the mess up as someone had not changed the case file number from the DW case to this personal case and the address transferred to the mail form. Wow. 

Unbelievable.

This is the reason why these information brokerage organzations whose products are used by other companies to make decisions that can adversely affect people's lives should be tightly regulated.  I miss the old days when one's integrity and character was based on real world interaction and reputation, rather than some innocuous report compiled by some bean counters in a basement office with no windows.

The information revolutions has been great on so many levels, but this is one of the unfortunate cons, in my view.

Message 31 of 33
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote: We curiously opened it and low and behold it was a letter to someone else with all the info on the other person's frozen report including the pin number to unfreeze the account. Dumbfounded we called ARS and they argued that there was no way we received someone else's mail. They finally admitted the mess up as someone had not changed the case file number from the DW case to this personal case and the address transferred to the mail form. Wow. 

Unbelievable.

This is the reason why these information brokerage organzations whose products are used by other companies to make decisions that can adversely affect people's lives should be tightly regulated.  I miss the old days when one's integrity and character was based on real world interaction and reputation, rather than some innocuous report compiled by some bean counters in a basement office with no windows.

The information revolutions has been great on so many levels, but this is one of the unfortunate cons, in my view.

+1 on this.

How many people here on my Fico even know about IDA or ARS? How many have frozen the reports? Sure, they can compile away as apparently that's legal. As far as I am concerned they will never share another spec of info about me or my family members - forever. 

I need to do a post about ARS and IDA and this story. Everyone needs to know what's really going on. 

Message 32 of 33
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Unbelievable.

+1 on this.

How many people here on my Fico even know about IDA or ARS? How many have frozen the reports? Sure, they can compile away as apparently that's legal. As far as I am concerned they will never share another spec of info about me or my family members - forever. 

I need to do a post about ARS and IDA and this story. Everyone needs to know what's really going on. 

I requested ARS and IDA after seeing the stories of running into problems because of them and was not happy with the report. They had my dad's birthdate and social security number on the same report as me, listed as "alternate information". I was unware you could have an alternate birthday or social security number. I ended up freezing both of them and have had no problem with approvals.

In reference to the wrong report, Chase did something similar. I didn't get a signature card for a deposit account and when I requested one, they sent me someone else's. All of the information one would need to open accounts was right there, social security number, address, date of birth, driver's license number, etc. When I rang, the guy acted like it was no big deal and just said to take it to a branch or trash it. Kind of odd.

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.