Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corporate Card Denied Still Received Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Corporate Card Denied Still Received Card

Hello.  Due to upcoming international travel (and per company policy) I applied for a corporate Amex card.  My application was preliminarily approved via email and I received a card in the mail.  Several days later I recevied a letter saying that they were unable to open an account for me.  Any idea what may have happened?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Corporate Card Denied Still Received Card

I would call them.  It's possible they denied you, mailed a letter, and then underwriting manually reviewed the app and approved you.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, 

Likely they manually reviewd and approved you. Is said corporation established, and you were just getting a card on their account? if so, I'm confident that is what happened.

Corporate cards are a little different as they are sponsored by the corporation,  and you are just an AU on the account. I know people (family) who have burned Amex, couldnt get a personal card at all, but easily "approved" fror a corporate card, becasue its issued to the company, just with a users name on it. 

Now if you are applying for your OWN account, all the above goes out the window. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I'm an employee of a large international company. Was applying for a "Travel and Expense" card which is effectively secured by my wages. I guess it's possible that my company has several different cards available. My card is corporate green, I believe my boss has a corporate platinum.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.