Established Contributor
Badcreditguy

Corporate credit card question

I have to apply for a corp credit card through my employer its a corp card through AMEX. Is it easier to qualify for a corporate card through your employer or do they have the same credit criteria as a normal amex card? Thanks!
Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Corporate credit card question

I believe it's on the company not your credit
Fico Scores: EQ 639 Navy, TU 665 GE, EX 677 Prosper (07-09-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Fidelity Amex $25k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Buckle $250
Over 30 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
Badcreditguy

That is what I was thinking but they asked for my social security number.

Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

If I'm not mistaken, Amex has 2 types of corporate accounts. 1 that you can have no responsibility for and 1 that you do... 

Concord, didn't you have an amex corporate card that you ended up having to pay?? 

Valued Contributor
cobra19

bcg........... I have had an AMEX corporate card for several years and maybe they have changed. But, when I received mine, I believe they did not ask for a SS number. One day, they (my employer) just gave us all a green AMEX card. I am financially responsible for it, and we regularly receive memos for our HR dept., reminding us the corporate card should only be used for company related expenses.

The corporate card is reported monthly by AMEX and it shows up on my personal credit reports.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Super Contributor
concorduser

Though they say it is corporate card and company pays for it, in case if company does not pay the bill, you are still liable to pay the balance on the card. When the company I worked for went out of business in 1995, I was stuck with the bill. Last year, I paid off $11,450, payment in full on that account and they gave me the Oasis card which I converted to Clear last month. Now I have Clear Personal / Gold Charge Personal / Plum Biz Card from Amex and hoping to get Amex Platinum Biz Credit Card. It has been a long journey for me to get back into good shoes with Amex. I personally dont feel bad, money owned on my card and I paid off the debt in full and it makes me feel good about my self.
Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

concord, just curious why you want 2 charge cards for business? why not a business credit card so you have 2 personal and 2 business?
Super Contributor
concorduser

Creditaddict wrote:
concord, just curious why you want 2 charge cards for business? why not a business credit card so you have 2 personal and 2 business?

I have applied for Amex Platinum Biz Credit Card, ( not charge card ), if approved I would have one biz charge and one biz credit card.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+