Regular Contributor
KeithW

Corporate loan and personal credit question...

If I get a business loan to purchase a piece of equipment for my families corporation will this affect my personal credit? I plan to get a mortgage in the next 9 months and I don't want to do anything to jeopardize my chances, but I also would like to invest in some new equipment.

Current Score: FICO EQ637-TU690-EX704
Wallet: Cap One Rew. $3500, Cap One Plat. $2000, Barclay $3000, Old Navy Visa $2500, HSBC $1500, Credit One $1800, BoA $3000, Chase Freedom $1500, Wal-Mart Discover $2000, Amazon $3100, Lowes $2000, Kay's $7000
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Corporate loan and personal credit question...

Most credit items like biz LOCs and biz loans won't report on your personal accounts, but a rare few will. Definitely worth asking them. There'll be an inquiry though; you can always explain that easily w/ your lender-to-be.

New Contributor
Project17

Re: Corporate loan and personal credit question...

It really depends on how you will be purchasing the equipment.. A loan though the dealer or on a company credit card.. Most direct loans shouldn't report but you would want to check and a lot more credit card companies are reporting.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+