cardine

Credit Score for Plum Card

Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone had an idea as to what credit score is an ok one to apply for the Plum Card with a decent chance of getting accepted.

I have good but not great credit (mostly because I am very young and have very little credit history) and wanted to know at what score would it generally be safe to apply? If my score is too low, I will wait a couple months until my score goes up more and apply then.

Thanks!

Valued Contributor
ryanbush

Re: Credit Score for Plum Card

Do you have anything negative on your reports? if so what do you have?

From what I have seen it takes anywhere from 670 - 720 to get approved. obviously someone with an older credit history but a lower score will have a better chance than someone with a short history and a higher score.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
cardine

I applied and got approved.

I don't want to say exactly what my credit score is, but it is somewhere in that range (on the higher end). For me I definitely have a "short history and a higher score". Nothing negative, absolutely no debt and no credit card balances (I even made sure to pay off the balances that weren't due yet 3 days before applying), but less than 3 years of credit history since I only recently turned 21 years old.

Valued Contributor
ryanbush

cardine wrote:

I applied and got approved.

I don't want to say exactly what my credit score is, but it is somewhere in that range (on the higher end). For me I definitely have a "short history and a higher score". Nothing negative, absolutely no debt and no credit card balances (I even made sure to pay off the balances that weren't due yet 3 days before applying), but less than 3 years of credit history since I only recently turned 21 years old.

Nice, even if you paid those balances off before applying unless they were AMEX cards they were most likely still reporting a balance ( you have to wait until your statement cuts before they report paid off)

Either way congrats, I have considered switching from our platinum account to the plum but I like the points better :smileywink:

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+