cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card processing for online store without PG??

tag
sandrachicago
New Contributor

Credit card processing for online store without PG??

Is it possible to get online credit card processing without PG for a new business?

"Enriching others will flow that same energy back to you."
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Credit card processing for online store without PG??

@sandrachicago wrote:

Is it possible to get online credit card processing without PG for a new business?

If I remember right you operate out of your home swipe fee's can get expensive so here's a alternate you may be interested in 

Squareup.com  Attach to mobile phone and only 2.75 per swipe no other cost and the reader is free

Start up cost for a new business can get out of hand sometimes so just throwing it out there until your more established.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 9
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

I use square but I carry the reader around with me to clients who want to swipe a card. I do not know if you can integrate it into a web store. I like it very much but I do not use it that often. I know the fees are higher if you have to manually enter the card info and there are $ caps of the amounts that can be entered that way. I just swipe as the fees are cheaper. 

Message 3 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

I use square but I carry the reader around with me to clients who want to swipe a card. I do not know if you can integrate it into a web store. I like it very much but I do not use it that often. I know the fees are higher if you have to manually enter the card info and there are $ caps of the amounts that can be entered that way. I just swipe as the fees are cheaper. 

I have one too and it does come in handy when i'm in the field and a client want to make a deposit.

I also bill the transaction fee so i'm not losing anything.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@sandrachicago wrote:

Just like Square basically everyone has a reader now so who do you bank with?

PayPal would work online and then also has a swipe reader for your cell you can order.

my friend has a Bank of America one (I don't know costs, just know it looks the same)

I recently saw one from Costco partner (fees were not that good, I rather do PayPal or Square... I LOVE Square because I feel like they were one of the first and they deposit into my account usually next day if it's Swiped... if you are going to do a lot of key entry then I would search around because most of these mobile readers put 30 day holds on non swiped transactions after like $1000 or something if even that high. but if swiping, no issue!

Message 5 of 9
sandrachicago
New Contributor

Thanks for your input. I need mostly online processing, anyone used Intuit Credit card processing by Quickbooks? They just ask for last 4 soc sec numbers for identity verification...

Swipe rate 1.95%

Keyed rate 2.98%

Setup fee $0

Per authorization fee 30¢

Monthly fee $12.95  (FREE for 2 Months)
"Enriching others will flow that same energy back to you."
Message 6 of 9
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

I have a small business and been processing cc for a while now and had different merchant processing company. Everytime I had to not only give them my business info including ein# but also they need somene from the company's info as well including your ssn#. They do run a check but I believe it's not like a HP and I also they want to make sure you didn't burn any other processor. My credit was very bad at the time and I was approved no problem.

I'm not a fan of the square for several reasons, In my business it doesn't look professional to run a customer's cc on my cellphone, I can't print out a receipt right away for them to sign even though I can send through their email and I believe they have a set rate at 2.5% no matter what type of cards you run. For example, if I run a customer's credit card that is a debit, it's only .05%, if customer has a rewards card then it's from 1.5% - 3.5%, if it's an amex then it's 3.5%, if I run a business card then it's from 1.5% - 3.5%. So many times I would run a card that is less then 2.5%. So it has it's pros and cons but for me it makes more sense for my type of business.

Message 7 of 9
BradleyLewis
New Visitor

You can get best credit card processing services at http://www.payscout.com/merchant_services.htm according to your business need. I highly recommend this because I use this payment gateway for my business.

Message 8 of 9
sadiespapa
New Contributor

I used shopify for a website I built for a lady. Starts at $14 a month and then like 3% per online transaction. Manages inventory and has lots of themes for you to build your site in. I was able to hook it up with a domain we already owned at go-daddy. Used the store owners name to set it up, all online, no talk of personal guarantee. 

JUL 2015 FICO: EX 705 | EQ 694 | TU 692
APR 2014 FICO: EX 651 | EQ 635 | TU 671
DEC 2013 FICO: EX 628 | EQ 559 | TU 655
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.