Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D&B Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

D&B Questions

I just got off the phone with D&B after trying to be sold sooo hard and she said some things I need to try to verify. First off she said credit cards don't report to D&B, is this true? Secondly are there any companies for sure that do report, net 30 accounts? I applied to Home Depot and my report was empty so they pulled Equifax which was also empty. It's good to know they are pulling more then just D&B, I'm growing not to like them.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: D&B Questions

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got off the phone with D&B after trying to be sold sooo hard and she said some things I need to try to verify. First off she said credit cards don't report to D&B, is this true? Secondly are there any companies for sure that do report, net 30 accounts? I applied to Home Depot and my report was empty so they pulled Equifax which was also empty. It's good to know they are pulling more then just D&B, I'm growing not to like them.

I work for a small business and am friendly with the owners.  They use D&B, but say that they are unsure about how the company has helped them at all.

Message 2 of 7
silver_idle
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They are partially right, but credit card companies can report to them. Capital One Spark cards reported for me back in 2012, but you mainly want to use vendors that offer net 10/15/30 (etc) accounts. Home depot, if the card is under your business name that is registered as an LLC or Corp, may report to experian or equifax. Possibly D&B if its the net/charge card. Not many companies, including creditors, like D&B, but many still use them, but you also have SBFE, Equifax Business, and Experian Business that deals with both tradelines and revolving accounts, which in the future you do want to focus on more than D&B. 

Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

D&B is WORTHLESS unless your company is going after Government Contracts.

Now for what I know.

You have a D&B report either when you create one or when a creditor starts to report information to them about your company HOWEVER D&B will not verify that your company is actually the one that is paying those creditors, so in the future if other creditors check your D&B report and you have not PAID to verify, then they will just see the info but "NOT VERIFIED"

back in the day when credit was flowing, I paid the $199 or whatever it was just to verify my company and I think it was useful back then just because how easy credit was, so one more verification thing creditors could use helped me get MORE credit but I would NEVER and still would NEVER buy into any of the D&B build yoru credit, report your accounts yourself and they will verify them manaually and create a bigger report type thing... waste waste waste!

Message 4 of 7
silver_idle
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Now for what I know.

You have a D&B report either when you create one or when a creditor starts to report information to them about your company HOWEVER D&B will not verify that your company is actually the one that is paying those creditors, so in the future if other creditors check your D&B report and you have not PAID to verify, then they will just see the info but "NOT VERIFIED"

back in the day when credit was flowing, I paid the $199 or whatever it was just to verify my company and I think it was useful back then just because how easy credit was, so one more verification thing creditors could use helped me get MORE credit but I would NEVER and still would NEVER buy into any of the D&B build yoru credit, report your accounts yourself and they will verify them manaually and create a bigger report type thing... waste waste waste!

The one thing i paid for that was partially helpful but a waste was the credit builder. During the time of me running my old business, I had several trade lines that didnt report so I added them as a trade reference, but D&B said it would take up to 45 days for it to be verified and added. 4 Months from that I cancel that, but since then didnt need to do anything more. Most creditors checked Experian Business, SBFE, Equifax Business and sometimes D&B. This time with my new corp, I am not paying for their crappy service. Most applications I have applied for do have a section for bank and trade reference which is very helpful. Way better than adding it to D&B. I never paid anything to become verified though, however when I had gotten my DUN, I kept getting calls from D&B whow want tell me to pay $500/yr or $50/month to become verified. No thank you. Even last month after I got my DUN, they bugged me for a week then stop after I threaten to take legal action against D&B. They sure did remove me from their calling list. The most you would ever need is credit signal which is free, or you could use D&B IUpdate. Other than that, focus more on SBFE, EXB, and EQB. Thats where most if not all vendors and creditors check. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Now for what I know.

+10000.  All they try to do is to sell hard and try to get you to subcribe.  I received an email saying to call them urgently as something was on my report.   I was all worried and called.  All the rep tried to do was to get me to subscribe.  Like seriously, just a tad unethical IMO LOLSmiley Tongue

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the replies. Creditaddict you are completely right, worthless. I wasn't sold anything close to 199 bucks, mine was about 1,100 bucks for the credit builder. And as soon as I said no and kept talking she lowered the price to like 950. Toward the end of the call she was getting more hungry for the sale and just said, well what can you afford and I will talk to my manager. I still passed. Both Staples and Home Depot both said when they couldn't find anything on D&B they did pull I believe Equifax, which made me feel a little better. I just don't like that they act like they are the lifeblood of small business and nothing else matters, just a bad vibe all around.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.