Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D&B VERY NASTY

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

D&B VERY NASTY

so staples declined my CLI because of D&B, so I finally reach them today to get a password so I could access the account and he informs me the only thing my D&B shows is address, no credit cards because I have not paid to set it up.  He proceeds to tell me D&B is the only Business Credit report which I quickly said NOT TRUE, you have EQ and EX.  He then tells me those are based off my credit not business credit, I said no again, which he responded he could argue with me all day he has been doing this for 10 years and knows what he is talking about... so why would I not want to set up my real business Credit report.  I was like after that tone I will do no business with you.

Now I don't know rather the only cards that are showing up on EQ and EX are the ones I PG'd for and not my store cards that are in business name only but none the less I have reports at the other places, so I'm going to call staples tomorrow and ask them to pull another report.  I'll keep you posted.

I never liked D&B even when I did pay to set up my last company, I never felt it was worth it because I had such a great EQ report and I could always get companies to just use that... anyone else experience this or know?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: D&B VERY NASTY

Hi, Creditaddict.

I don't know if things have changed over there or not, but when I got a password for the eUpdate, it was via email.  I never had to speak to a live person to get it, I just had to register online and that password was sent immediately. 

I have both PG'd and non-PG'd business cards.  They all show up on EX for me, and they all show up on D & B, too.  Can't tell you about my EQ, I've never seen that report.

D & B will always push hard to sell you their products.  You've got to expect that, and plan accordingly.  The salespeople are probably trained to believe that D & B is the one and only authority on business credit.  I've never tried to convince them otherwise, I listen politely and just say "No, I don't need that right now" when they try to close the sale.

I actually sold some of my services to a D & B rep who had made a follow-up call to me after I'd checked my D & B.  (Actually, the sale was to a family member of his who runs a business...but the rep made the referral for me!) 

In a nutshell, what D&B really wants (aside from your money for their services) is your company's complete financials, so that they have product to sell to other customers.  They can sell to you one time, but your info can be sold over and over again to others.  And the best way for them to get that info is to make you pay to provide it, 'cause you'll give 'em everything you've got, and then some, to get your money's worth for that fee.

Ingenious, really. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.