cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER BUSINESS CARD,,What to do with it?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DISCOVER BUSINESS CARD,,What to do with it?

I have a Discover Business card from 2007 with a small 5k limit.  I only use the card to pay my Verizon internet of $39 per month,   It has not grown at all over the past 10 years and no sure what to do with it.  I am not able to ask for CLI like I do on my personal discover card.  About 2 years ago I asked to do a product change to a personal card and they said no.

Should I just cancel the card and move on?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DISCOVER BUSINESS CARD,,What to do with it?

If it serves no purpose to you and they aren't willing to change it for you, it's time to axe it.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it has not purpose, get rid of it.

If Discover is like most business cards (excluding Cap1), it isn't reporting to your personal reports so closing won't even effect your utilization

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

discover business does report to your personal report

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then this would effect your utility. If the loss wouldn't bother you, definitely no reason to not close it. There will be no effect to your AAoA and the positive history will stay on your file for the next ten years. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

going to just keep in the way it is. Its not costing me anything and if they close it due to inactivity. Then, so be it. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.