Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNB help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DNB help

I am hoping somone might have some words of wisdom here.  Our company Incorporated in July and we recieved our DNB number the first of August.  I had a strange phone call from DNB who left a voicemail stating we had over 50 inquiries on our report since it started in Jan.  Sounded like a scam or sales pitch since we had only been incorporated with a DNB number assigned a few weeks, so I didn't respond.  I have managed to open up 4 net 30 accounts.  All of which have been paid within 3-5 days of recieving the invoice.

Fast-forward to today, I went to update some information on our DNB report (thanks to a potential client we found out our address was listed wrong and several other things were incorrect).  While in there, I discovered the following were listed as poor:  Paydex, Delinquency Predictor Class, Financial Stress Class, Supplier Evaluation Rating and our D&B Viability Rating is Fair.

I contacted DNB and was told my company and/or number has had failed ratings reported to them, but the only way to get that information on what companies is to get their Credit Managment/Builder (thanks to browsing these forums, I have learned it isn't necessary).  They told me, if I purchased this I could then go up and input my net 30 accounts and they would verify it, otherwise they will only update our DNB credit file every six months.

So my question is, what do I do?  Is there a way to correct this?  I am so at a loss and am frustrated right now.  Two potential factoring companies we need to be able to utilize for a contract we are bidding on only rely on DNB and with scores like this we will NOT be able to move forward.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DNB help

I have never paid D&B a dime .  We have two biz credit cards that  report to them. The only reason we have a D&B number we are government subcontractors and Fortune 500 subcontractors and they want make sure we have the "juice" to execute the contracts  Our profie says 15 plus  years in biz and revenue of range of xxx,xxx to xxx,xxx. along with 2 or 3 reference  and our credit cards for biz.  Years ago when I had to factor accounts the only thing they cared about was who owed us and how much. We had a line for $1mm.  

Message 2 of 4
iph38
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I am hoping somone might have some words of wisdom here.  Our company Incorporated in July and we recieved our DNB number the first of August.  I had a strange phone call from DNB who left a voicemail stating we had over 50 inquiries on our report since it started in Jan.  Sounded like a scam or sales pitch since we had only been incorporated with a DNB number assigned a few weeks, so I didn't respond.  I have managed to open up 4 net 30 accounts.  All of which have been paid within 3-5 days of recieving the invoice.

Fast-forward to today, I went to update some information on our DNB report (thanks to a potential client we found out our address was listed wrong and several other things were incorrect).  While in there, I discovered the following were listed as poor:  Paydex, Delinquency Predictor Class, Financial Stress Class, Supplier Evaluation Rating and our D&B Viability Rating is Fair.

I contacted DNB and was told my company and/or number has had failed ratings reported to them, but the only way to get that information on what companies is to get their Credit Managment/Builder (thanks to browsing these forums, I have learned it isn't necessary).  They told me, if I purchased this I could then go up and input my net 30 accounts and they would verify it, otherwise they will only update our DNB credit file every six months.

So my question is, what do I do?  Is there a way to correct this?  I am so at a loss and am frustrated right now.  Two potential factoring companies we need to be able to utilize for a contract we are bidding on only rely on DNB and with scores like this we will NOT be able to move forward.

@Never, Ever, Pay Thos Rat @#$&! a nickle for anything.  Most net 30 vendors will report and that will subsequently lead to a Padex score.  Most of the cards worth having will pull Experian or Equifax business reports, do D&B won't matter to them.  Like personal credit, business credit takes time, so just use the net 30's and then look to Citi backed gas cards, Sunoco, ExxonMobil, Shell and then BJ's or Sams Club Mastercards without PG.  Staples or Office Max no PG cards are possible either at the gas card time or shortly after.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Heard the same noise from D & B. Had me in a sweat but I did not like their marketing approach to forcing me into their program. Never paid a dime and hasn't affected me one bit. Note, sole prop as a consultant. Since I do not choose to pursue government contracts requiring D & B numbers I can skip the hassle. Do have an Experian Business Rating that has been increasing ever so slowly (too slow). Anyway, been in business since 1998. Now that I recall ... did get a D & B account but never pursued it further.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.