cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DUNS/Business Credit - Looking for Some Education from Pros!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DUNS/Business Credit - Looking for Some Education from Pros!

Hi folks! I have a business thats been around for a few years and am getting into the word of lines of credit. Appears a lot of my options currently rely on personal credit in a big way.

So, I'm trying to build and establish strong business credit. I have a personally guaranteed Chase Ink card, and an FEIN, of course, with a few tradelines reporting good things to Experian for my business....but I do not have a DUNS #. Should I get one?

I realize this is a lot but looking forward to learning from you folks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: DUNS/Business Credit - Looking for Some Education from Pros!

Yes, confirm it BUT DO NOT PAY THEM... you don't need anything but the number... they will try to sell you... build a file... don't need it... just simply confirm it.... unless you are doing government contracts you don't actually need a built up DUN because banks even if they use DUNS will also pull EX Business usually which you dont have to do anything to build!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Do you think I MUST have a DUNS number? I've somehow managed to be okay without it to date...and I undersatnd some vendors report to DNB whether you have a number or not?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! go to  www.creditsignal.com and sign up for a free account.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

A D&B number is required for many government cotracts and major fortune 500 contracts.  Our biz deals almost only with these so it was the first thing we got

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all. Appreciate your insights!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.