Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined Barclay's Hawaiian Air Business" Recon"

tag
NY2014
Established Contributor

Declined Barclay's Hawaiian Air Business" Recon"

Hi Everyone , Well to recap and update regarding I applied for the Barclay Hawaiian Air Business Card on the 21st , was denied due to my report locked again, on the 22nd so I called the # regarding the status to verify my unlocked the rep verified this was later that evening,  I called back got the same rep again. and he pulled my TU ,asked 10 min questions more like interrogation LOL , mostly my credit report , the inquires, Citi Bank account,(don't know why) in short I cut him off nicely and explained, yes I have recent inquires because in looking for good business rewards account that suits my traveling, then he says I see you do have excellent  credit and you have shown you can handle large amount payments , puts me on hold for about 5 min comes back and tells me we need further review and someone will contact you or relieved a letter in the mail 7-10 business day .

OK figured that wasn't good.

Well today I decided to call back a different # and got the check status and they only had my resent approval the Barclay RCI, and card is on its way but no Hawaiian air mentioned I was connected the a management rep (very bubbly rep) looks up my account and says declined and asked me do I want to know why it was decline (course) transfers me over to the security department and the rep ask me how am I doing, I responded I would do better if I heard I was approved, anyway the rep, says they sent out a letter reasons why it was declined and reasons was they needed proof of ownership docs of the company. I told the rep no problem. I'll send it now. Fax #. He puts me on hold 2 min comes back and says that department is close until 11-pm for me to call back and they will give me what they needed,

2nd call, was connected to security dept., during the call got disconnected Grrrrrr

3rd call back, connected to security dept. again. Ran down the situation, security rep puts me on hold, comes back, they need to send copy of DL, Utility bill, SS# because, 2 accounts opened less than a week apart put a red flag on my account,

Ok, I asked if I can fax all required docs, the rep said no, (which I will call again hope I’ll get a different Dept. rep) for me to mail in only. Then after I hung up , 5 min later my home phone rings  I pick up and ask for me , I said this is me, and the same rep asked did we just talked about an application you submitted . Yes I did, and the rep says ok great thank you, I will note that on your app, that I confirmed your application and verified, We barclay wait for your documents... That’s all.

Fico Score 10/6 EQ 702,16 INQ,TU 740, 9,iNQ EX 705,21 INQ,13%UTIL-
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

Re: Declined Barclay's Hawaiian Air Business" Recon"

Wishing you, Good Luck.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NY2014 wrote:

Hi Everyone , Well to recap and update regarding I applied for the Barclay Hawaiian Air Business Card on the 21st , was denied due to my report locked again, on the 22nd so I called the # regarding the status to verify my unlocked the rep verified this was later that evening,  I called back got the same rep again. and he pulled my TU ,asked 10 min questions more like interrogation LOL , mostly my credit report , the inquires, Citi Bank account,(don't know why) in short I cut him off nicely and explained, yes I have recent inquires because in looking for good business rewards account that suits my traveling, then he says I see you do have excellent  credit and you have shown you can handle large amount payments , puts me on hold for about 5 min comes back and tells me we need further review and someone will contact you or relieved a letter in the mail 7-10 business day .

OK figured that wasn't good.

Well today I decided to call back a different # and got the check status and they only had my resent approval the Barclay RCI, and card is on its way but no Hawaiian air mentioned I was connected the a management rep (very bubbly rep) looks up my account and says declined and asked me do I want to know why it was decline (course) transfers me over to the security department and the rep ask me how am I doing, I responded I would do better if I heard I was approved, anyway the rep, says they sent out a letter reasons why it was declined and reasons was they needed proof of ownership docs of the company. I told the rep no problem. I'll send it now. Fax #. He puts me on hold 2 min comes back and says that department is close until 11-pm for me to call back and they will give me what they needed,

2nd call, was connected to security dept., during the call got disconnected Grrrrrr

3rd call back, connected to security dept. again. Ran down the situation, security rep puts me on hold, comes back, they need to send copy of DL, Utility bill, SS# because, 2 accounts opened less than a week apart put a red flag on my account,

Ok, I asked if I can fax all required docs, the rep said no, (which I will call again hope I’ll get a different Dept. rep) for me to mail in only. Then after I hung up , 5 min later my home phone rings  I pick up and ask for me , I said this is me, and the same rep asked did we just talked about an application you submitted . Yes I did, and the rep says ok great thank you, I will note that on your app, that I confirmed your application and verified, We barclay wait for your documents... That’s all.

Wow! Can't wait to hear the end of that story... Please let us know and good luck...

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm... I thought I tied to the garden...  All the best and will keep fingers crossed for you.

Message 4 of 5
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Good luck! Keep us posted.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.