Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined US Bank Business Edge, recon?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Declined US Bank Business Edge, recon?

Felt I had a strong profile but... Applied for U.S. Bank Business Edge Cash Rewards Card and received an instant online denial. Currently, Fico 8 Scores are EQ756 TU748 EX743,  with 3 inquiries in last 6 months, no bads. No alerts yet on which report they pulled. I called recon number and said he would send back to review and it would take 2 days. He didn't ask any questions. Anyone have luck with a US Bank credit card recon after a denial? Any tips on what I need to get one approved.

Side note: no previous relationship with US Bank. Live in FL so no branches here.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Declined US Bank Business Edge, recon?

wrote:

Side note: no previous relationship with US Bank. Live in FL so no branches here.

Your location is the issue.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called them before applying and asked that specific question. They said they have many business cc members in Florida and to go ahead and apply.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank they pulled Eq credit report for my business app.

Message 4 of 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

It may be more to do with you not having any sort of relationship with them. Years ago I was living in Michigan (closest branch was in Chicago) so i opened a US Bank checking account online. After 6 months they were happy to give me personal and business cards.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good idea. I’ll look into a checking account.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully one day the OP will return and let us know what happened, but I wanted to post that I am Florida based entity and received a US Bank Business Card "offer" in the mail with a rate and confirmation number.  So maybe they are now providing cards to Florida entities when previously they said they couldn't provide anything based upon location.

Message 7 of 8
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Hopefully one day the OP will return and let us know what happened, but I wanted to post that I am Florida based entity and received a US Bank Business Card "offer" in the mail with a rate and confirmation number.  So maybe they are now providing cards to Florida entities when previously they said they couldn't provide anything based upon location.

I am in Pennsylvania and I asked the same question to their business banking department and they said my location was not eligible for their business card but I could apply for their personal cards since they offer them nationwide.

Their closest location to me is in Ohio.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.