Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Inquiries Show for Businesses?

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Do Inquiries Show for Businesses?

I just got my Equifax business report and it shows my two Business credit cards...perfect payments, utlization %, etc but I dont see anywhere that shows credit inquries? Do these not show, or simply do not apply for businesses? 

How do inquiries work with business credit?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do Inquiries Show for Businesses?

@shane82388 wrote:

I just got my Equifax business report and it shows my two Business credit cards...perfect payments, utlization %, etc but I dont see anywhere that shows credit inquries? Do these not show, or simply do not apply for businesses? 

How do inquiries work with business credit?

Thanks

If you personally guaranteed the cards (highly likely) then the inquiries would show on your personal credit report.

Message 2 of 6
shane82388
Established Contributor

I applied for the Amazon Corporate Revolving Credit Line a while back, but didnt personally guaruntee it...they declined me, and looked at my business credit report from Equifax...which is how I got my free business credit report sent to me, since in the decline letter they named Equifax and said I was entitled to it from the decline.

Its just interesting that there was no inquiry listed anywhere on the report from this, but they obviously check that report.

Message 3 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

A lot of lenders will pull (HP) business reports along with your personal CR's (PG)

However HP's don't carry as much weight on business CR's like they do on Personal CR's

Not a factor at all

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 6
shane82388
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

A lot of lenders will pull (HP) business reports along with your personal CR's (PG)

However HP's don't carry as much weight on business CR's like they do on Personal CR's

Not a factor at all

Yeah, not worried as this would be my 3rd business HP in about 4-5 years. :-) More just curious how it works.

Its just strange to me that there is no record of it anywhere on the business credit report that it was supposedly pulled on...

Business credit is just a new frontier of mystery to me, as I fee like I full grasp personal credit stuff after many years on this message board. I'm just wondering if its like, the HP's are still visible to your lenders who you apply with, and you cant see them?

Or is it like just another weird quirk of business credit where no one can see other lenders inquries, but they stil will effect your score somehow?

Just all strange and mysterious still. :-) 

Message 5 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Can't speak for EQ but I know EX does show them in their reports 

http://sbcr.experian.com/pdp.aspx?pg=Sample-BcaP&ftr=nolinksCloseButton&hdr=reportPopup&link=5502

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.