cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do credit card companies hold it against you if you wait until the due date to pay?

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Do credit card companies hold it against you if you wait until the due date to pay?

I had my ink bold line decreased (subsequently I got it reinstated), but Chase couldn't explain why the computer adjusted the line automatically. It could have been because in the prior billing cycle I only put 1.6k through on a 5k credit line, but that seemed like a pretty lame reason. The CSR mentioned late payments could also cause a reduction. This leads me to my question in general about all credit cards/  Now I  haven't been late on any of m card payments, but I have made PIF within a few days of the due date on some cards. If you pay your bill in full on or a day or two prior to the due date will a credit card company hold that against you? Again I'm not talking about late payments. I am talking about payments that are acknowledged by the credit card company as received by the due date. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do credit card companies hold it against you if you wait until the due date to pay?

Nope not a problem at all, as long as its not a day after that due date you are good! I would try to investigate a little more with why they reduced your line.

Message 2 of 5
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Do credit card companies hold it against you if you wait until the due date to pay?

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope not a problem at all, as long as its not a day after that due date you are good! I would try to investigate a little more with why they reduced your line.

The computer did it automatically and they didn't have a specific reason as to what triggered it and could not see any flags with my account. The first CSR rep was totally clueless and waited five minutes before offering to transfer to the call to someone who could look at my account and investigate. Things got put back to normal after about 20 minutes, but it was not a pleasant experience and was a real hassle when I was getting my card declined eveywhere without knowing why. 

;
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call back and ask for a supervisor and demand them look into it further. Had a problem with a Business Amex that had credit set to 0 for no reason and a supervisor found the reason was a month of inactivity and then a PC and gave us a $100 credit for the inconvenience. 

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The computer did it automatically and they didn't have a specific reason as to what triggered it and could not see any flags with my account. The first CSR rep was totally clueless and waited five minutes before offering to transfer to the call to someone who could look at my account and investigate. Things got put back to normal after about 20 minutes, but it was not a pleasant experience and was a real hassle when I was getting my card declined eveywhere without knowing why. 

I would call back and ask for a supervisor and demand them look into it further. Had a problem with a Business Amex that had credit set to 0 for no reason and a supervisor found the reason was a month of inactivity and then a PC and gave us a $100 credit for the inconvenience. 

Message 4 of 5
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Being that the issue has been resolved I don't really want to take the time nor run the risk of something going wrong during a call and creating a problem for myself. I was restored to my prior state and that is all I am concerned about. If it happens again in the future I will be in an even stronger position since the account will be older and then I will demand a supervisor if I can not get a satisfactory answer. Right now the account is just over 2 months old, so I'm just going to knock on wood and hope no further problems develop  (or at least nothing arises until I have had several months of payment history with the card to leverage). 

;
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.