cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Amex 3x CLI at 61 Days Work for Business?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Amex 3x CLI at 61 Days Work for Business?

It doesn't specify that you need to have the account PIF when requesting the CLI in the 3x Amex thread Smiley Sad

It's at about 16% UT which isn't bad IMHO.
Message 11 of 19
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It doesn't specify that you need to have the account PIF when requesting the CLI in the 3x Amex thread Smiley Sad

It's at about 16% UT which isn't bad IMHO.

That wasn't the point and I don't really care what the 3x amex thread does or doesn't specify.  Your questions are about getting a 3x business CLI and I'm just making suggestions for giving you the best chances for accomplishing that.

Do what you wish but I your aren't using the CL you have, why do you want more?  Remember business util doesn't matter, it doesn't get reported anywhere.  

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like a higher CL because they have a 15k spend requirement and if I want to do that all in one shot in the next month or two then it's kind of hard to do with a 6k Credit Limit.
Message 13 of 19
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I would like a higher CL because they have a 15k spend requirement and if I want to do that all in one shot in the next month or two then it's kind of hard to do with a 6k Credit Limit.

I understand your problem but this isn't Amex's problem.  Unfortunately, you can't expect Amex to meet your credit needs this quick when you just have a one month relationship with them.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The account has been open 70 days and since then my situation has only improved. I understand that it's not a set in stone rule to get a 3x CLI but at least counter with even a $500 increase rather than nothing altogether.
Message 15 of 19
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Just from what I have been able to gather from post around the 3XCLI thread and from my very own personal experience is Amex will use your previous months sp fico score when evaluating your cli request.So even your scores have improved substantially this month upon your request those scores WILL NOT be taken into consideration. I know it sounds very crazy but they are known to use your previous months sp scores.So if it was something on your report they didn't like that month or your scores where actually lower than your approval ones where you could be denied the increase.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

For some reason Amex does not want to give me a CLI.

I've had the account for over 3 months.

FICO Score 720 EX is the one they showed on Denial

Reasons:

Too many Inquiries (6 HP's which I don't feel is excessive). One of them is from Amex, one to open a checking account at a local CU, not a CC, another to request a CLI on a card and the other 3 were applications.

Too short account history - Oldest account 17 years AAOA 4.3 years. That's not too bad.

Number of Accounts Delinquent - 1 account with (2) 30 day late's from 2013, that was 4 years ago and it was not even a 60+ day late!

Balance too high on mortgage loan - I agree with this one, but I have a 1% UT overall aside from this mortgage loan...

Any advice for me at all? None of the inquiries will age past 12 months until August and that's a long ways away Smiley Sad I've tried requesting 3x and 2.5x CLI but always get 7-10 day message then a denial letter. They don't even counter with an extra 1k.

Current CL is 6.8k. FICO score when the account was opened was 670 I figured since the FICO went up and the UT went down (the reason it was 670 was high UT) I'd easily get a CLI.
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

One note about the reasons listed.  When they mention account history is too short, they aren't talking about your AAoA or other accounts.  That refers specifically to your Amex account being new.  I know that you are anxious to get a higher limit but you really need to be patient.  Amex just wants to see his you manage the limit that they gave you and in time you will get increases but a 3 month old business account is very new so you will need to wait.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Irish - I understand that, and I even understand that thousands of people get 61 days 3x CLI's with Amex not telling them that their account is "too new".

But at the same time a reason listed was Inquiries, 6 seems like a reasonable amount and those won't age past 12 months until August.

What do you think of my counters to their reasoning do they seem fair or not really? Just curious.

I don't mind waiting a couple more months until it hits the 6 month mark, but waiting 8 months knowing that people with lesser profiles have receive 3x CLI's seems a bit harsh to me.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.