cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Amex Business report to personal? Amex says it does but others say doesnt...

tag
duckSF
Established Member

Does Amex Business report to personal? Amex says it does but others say doesnt...

I was approved for a business gold charge card today. I was excited about getting backdated but someone said they wont report it to my personal credit file. Is that true? I used both my SSN and business tax ID.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Does Amex Business report to personal? Amex says it does but others say doesnt...

@duckSF wrote:

I was approved for a business gold charge card today. I was excited about getting backdated but someone said they wont report it to my personal credit file. Is that true? I used both my SSN and business tax ID.

Will not report to personal unless of default 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 7
duckSF
Established Member

Re: Does Amex Business report to personal? Amex says it does but others say doesnt...

I called Amex to ask them and they said they do report... Confused.

Message 3 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@duckSF wrote:

I called Amex to ask them and they said they do report... Confused.

They report to business credit not personal credit unless you default then they report to both

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 7
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

I have 3 AMEX business cards, none have ever reported to my personal reports. 

Message 5 of 7
sjt
Senior Contributor

It does not report on your personal credit file unless you become delinquent.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 6 of 7
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

IMG_9629.gif

SIlver:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.