cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does PG on a Biz Card Count as New Acct on Credit Report?

tag
enjoimorenow
Frequent Contributor

Does PG on a Biz Card Count as New Acct on Credit Report?

Wondering if opening a business credit card and doing a PG would add a new account to your credit report in terms of like chase 5/24 for example, or lowering AAoA?

Seems like they only report if you default, so I'm not sure how a business card shows up on a credit report in this sense?

BK 7 Scores (08/2016): EQ-528. TU-486. EX-530.
Current Scores (04/2022): EQ-717. TU-735. EX-736.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does PG on a Biz Card Count as New Acct on Credit Report?

@enjoimorenow wrote:

Wondering if opening a business credit card and doing a PG would add a new account to your credit report in terms of like chase 5/24 for example, or lowering AAoA?

Seems like they only report if you default, so I'm not sure how a business card shows up on a credit report in this sense?

If you PC to another buisness card (most lenders allow very littile PCing wtht business cards) then it won't affect AAoA or anything related to 5/24

Message 2 of 4
enjoimorenow
Frequent Contributor

Sorry, I didn't mean Product Change, I was referring to opening a new business credit card and having to do a personal guarantee and how that reports to the CBs.

BK 7 Scores (08/2016): EQ-528. TU-486. EX-530.
Current Scores (04/2022): EQ-717. TU-735. EX-736.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@enjoimorenow wrote:

Sorry, I didn't mean Product Change, I was referring to opening a new business credit card and having to do a personal guarantee and how that reports to the CBs.

Wow, sorry.  Completely misread your post.  Almost all business credit cards with the exception of CapitalOne only report to business reports.  Therefore they don't affect your AAoA or utilization.  That's why a lot of people like them because you can carry a higher balance if need be and it won't affect your creditt scores on your personal reports.  The only time that they would report to your personal credit is if you default/become late.

As for 5/24 the only time a business card affects that is if you open a Chase card because they obviously know about the card.  Any others, with the exception of CapOne Spark Business, they wouldn't have any idea that you had one and subsequently wouldn't count towards 5/24

Hope this helps

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.