Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dun & Bradstreet SHADY

tag
NY2014
Established Contributor

Re: Dun & Bradstreet SHADY

And to add .. They charge every month on my CC a monthly update fee. Just another ploy to sales pitch me to purchase upgrade ..
Fico Score 10/6 EQ 702,16 INQ,TU 740, 9,iNQ EX 705,21 INQ,13%UTIL-
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 11 of 15
heychrisbaker
New Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

@gingerdad wrote:

Think this thread is helpful and have opted not to pay for their services for my small law firm.

However, 2 contra examples - have a client trying to raise money from some value investors.  They recommended establishing a D&B file for that type of investor.  Additionally, my bank (US Bank) also recommended working on the file when I asked what I need to be doing to establish my business credit (over the long-haul, trying to move away from personally guaranteeing everything).

The above doesn't change what I am doing for my small firm but thought I would share.

Don't let them fool you.  I have a business with multi-million capital lines secured by rolling stock with 50% equity in it and they have PG's on EVERYTHING.  They dont do anything without PG's.

What are PG's???  Smiley Indifferent

Message 12 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Personal guarantee
Message 13 of 15
heychrisbaker
New Contributor

Oh!  Thanks Creditaddict! 

Message 14 of 15
tpatterson2k9
Regular Contributor

For what it is worth, I would recommend that any business at least register (for free) with DNB. I work as a commercial financing broker and many of our lending sources are relying more heavily on DNB to underwrite commercial deals. If you register without paying anything, your suppliers can still report your trade payments, which will generate a PayDex and Conservative Credit Limit for your business.

I would not recommend paying for any of the services DNB offers unless you feel there is a real need. Your DNB report will look the same to a lender whether you are paying for DNB services or not. 

Starting Scores (lender pull 3/27/10): 759 (EQ), 752 (TU), 749 (EX)
Current Scores (myFICO 4/4/11): 768 (EQ)
Goal Scores: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.