cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX just dropped from a "B" to an "F" Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX just dropped from a "B" to an "F" Help!

So I signed up for Nav which gives me free scores every month.

Every single month it's been a grade "B" for our business credit report. It always said this:

"Your business has 1 tradeline account(s) that are reporting to the Experian Business Credit Bureau and impacting your credit."

Today it updated and now has a grade "F" for EX, nothing for D&B. It's really strange we have 5 Business Credit Cards, two with Chase which I know gets reported. We recently paid off 90% of the balances.

Now it's saying,

"Your business has no tradeline account(s) that are reporting to the Experian Business Credit Bureau and impacting your credit."

Which makes no sense because we haven't closed any accounts. Can someone please help?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
iph38
Valued Member

Re: EX just dropped from a "B" to an "F" Help!

@Anonymous wrote:
So I signed up for Nav which gives me free scores every month.

Every single month it's been a grade "B" for our business credit report. It always said this:

"Your business has 1 tradeline account(s) that are reporting to the Experian Business Credit Bureau and impacting your credit."

Today it updated and now has a grade "F" for EX, nothing for D&B. It's really strange we have 5 Business Credit Cards, two with Chase which I know gets reported. We recently paid off 90% of the balances.

Now it's saying,

"Your business has no tradeline account(s) that are reporting to the Experian Business Credit Bureau and impacting your credit."

Which makes no sense because we haven't closed any accounts. Can someone please help?

The same thing happened to me, it's Nav's way of scaring you into paying for their crappy service.  It's happened a few times in the past as well, but the following month when they pull a new report it will be back to normal.  Mine went from A 10 trades reporting to F no trades reporting.  

D&B does something similar.  I'll receive an email that says 4 new alerts on my report, it states an alert is something like a delinquency reporting or a jedgement or lien, etc...  When I log in to credit signal it says no alerts.  I also have received emails from D&B that say my compaines delinquency prodictor has gone up, when I log in it says the prodictor has improved.  

It's just their way of causing pantic to see if you'll pay them.  I paid for Nav a while back and it shows nothing, it's an absolute waste of money.  I recommend you wait for your next update and see what it says....

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its free, you get what you pay for.

I pay for NAV and they have recently changed the way they do things in the middle of the 3 month period I have already paid for.  When I chatted online and called and asked about it, they acted with impunity.  IMO, they have joined the other data mining bottom feeders.

I wouldn't worry about their alerts, especially their free ones.  Even the paid alerts seem to be an attempt to get you to just log back in and hopefully sell you a new service or persuade you to apply for credit with one of their supporters.

Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I left NAV a long time ago and spent much time getting my email, phone and company info away from them... they are nothing but a scam if you ask me.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Run, don't walk from Nav.  I had the worst experience with them -- they kept calling me and bugging me about renewing and so finally I said forget it, to go ahead and close the account.  (I got much better info here than I ever did from them, btw).  They required my SSN to close it and I thought to myself that it was a pretty obvious run-around to retention so I refused.

They then called me and asked me for my SSN to verify I was who I said I was.  I explained to them in no uncertain terms that I would not do that.  I don't give out sensitive information over the phone unless I am the one doing the dialing.  Rounds of emails back and forth, finally I remembered I had used a virtual number to sign up for it in the first place so I just killed the #.  Account closed just fine 30 days later due to lack of funds.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.