Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest Card for a new business?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Easiest Card for a new business?

What is an easy business card to obtain store or visa/mc... I had personal amexs and dont want a business one

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Easiest Card for a new business?

The question on what's the "easiest" is a difficult question. There are more factors to take into consideration. What is the formation of your company (Incorporated, LLC, LLP, Sole Proprietorship, etc...). What is your credit score? Do You want rewards, if so, what?

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its not a new business Ive been in business 35 years. Just never had business credit. Scores are 680-700 no negatives. Its a Sole Prop

@Anonymous wrote:

The question on what's the "easiest" is a difficult question. There are more factors to take into consideration. What is the formation of your company (Incorporated, LLC, LLP, Sole Proprietorship, etc...). What is your credit score? Do You want rewards, if so, what?

Message 3 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

I noticed you don't want Amex not sure why but other things and banks to consider would be Citi, Cap1, Chase, US bank,credit unions.

Not sure what you're looking for much more info is needed

What do you need in a card ....

Inventory purchases?

Funding till invoices are paid?

Monthly bills? 

A lot of travel purchases?

Overhead?

etc etc 

Probably the easiest card to get is Cap1 but any card you choose should be based on spending and the rewards and benefits it offers you,

Not which is easiest to get IMHO

By far Amex and Chase have the better cards currently 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

I noticed you don't want Amex not sure why but other things and banks to consider would be Citi, Cap1, Chase, US bank,credit unions.

Inventory purchases?

Monthly bills? 

Overhead?

etc etc 

Probably the easiest card to get is Cap1 but any card you choose should be based on spending and the rewards and benefits it offers you,

I have an American Express PRG, Amex SPG, And Amex Delta SkyMiles... no need for the simplycash and with costco gone I dont want that. Mostly for monthly expenses including inventory 

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Its not a new business Ive been in business 35 years. Just never had business credit. Scores are 680-700 no negatives. Its a Sole Prop

@Anonymous wrote:

With the business being a sole proprietorship, there's really no such thing as "Business Credit". You are the business, both finances are intertwined. With your scores, you should not have much of a problem obtaining a business card, but it will go on your credit. If you are looking for something specific, rewards based, let us know so we can try and help.

Message 6 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Inventory purchases?

Monthly bills? 

Overhead?

etc etc 

I have an American Express PRG, Amex SPG, And Amex Delta SkyMiles... no need for the simplycash and with costco gone I dont want that. Mostly for monthly expenses including inventory 

Then maybe Chase is best for you but then again I love my Amex Lowes due to the industry I'm in 

Also love my Cap1 for 2% on off categories

Chase for 5% monthly spending 

So figure out what category you spend the most in that will benefit you and then find the best card for that 

inventory could be Amex Plum if you need to float balances or pay early and make it a standard 1.5% card for yearly savings depending on yearly spend 

You see my point? 

Just throwing out some ideas 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Inventory purchases?

Monthly bills? 

Overhead?

etc etc 

Then maybe Chase is best for you but then again I love my Amex Lowes due to the industry I'm in 

So figure out what category you spend the most in that will benefit you and then find the best card for that 

inventory could be Amex Plum if you need to float balances or pay early and make it a standard 1.5% card for yearly savings depending on yearly spend 

You see my point? 

Chase does look interesting The ink card... What industry you in if you dont mind me asking

Message 8 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Inventory purchases?

Monthly bills? 

Overhead?

etc etc 

You see my point? 

Chase does look interesting The ink card... What industry you in if you dont mind me asking

Not at all 

Contractor/ S Corp

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Inventory purchases?

Monthly bills? 

Overhead?

etc etc 

You see my point? 

Not at all 

Contractor/ S Corp

Im in cutlery rental business, very competive like yours I assume.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.