Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Business Question

tag
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

Experian Business Question

I was wondering when a new tradeline reports to experian is it common for you score to drop and then recover?

Reason being my brother just got his 3rd tradeline on experian today and his score went from 59 to 49 all his tradelines are in good standing just wondering about the drop

2wheel
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Experian Business Question

Huh? 59 to 49? Never heard of such a score.

A new account generally hurts, unless it's a CC and you only had one or two open CC's already.

The ding is for:

(1) --having a new account, aka, less than 12 months old

(2) --lowering your AAoA (average age of accounts)

(3) --util increase, if the account opened and reported with a balance

(4) --"too many accounts with balances" --same as above, and the proportion of accounts with balances has changed
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Yep, Paydex and EX biz scores run on a two digit system.
Message Edited by llecs on 07-14-2009 08:58 PM
Message 3 of 12
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

It is normal for the Experian Biz scores fluctuate. Also recently they changed their rating system couple of months ago. Before that my scores used to be 98 and my scores fell to 62. Few months later my scores are now at 96 again. One of the changes they made is risk score for the type of business. What is the SIC code you have on the report? They are assigning risk based on SIC code. If needed you could consider changing the SIC code. Also once you bring the balances down your scores will go up again. From what I have seen EX Biz Report is very fair system.
Message Edited by concorduser on 07-15-2009 03:57 AM
Message 4 of 12
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

Thats what I was telling him He is new to the business world. I know he will recover in a few months I know Mine goes up and down all the time from 83 to 78 I seen 72 3 months ago.
2wheel
Message 5 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

llecs wrote:

Yep, Paydex and EX biz scores run on a two digit system.

Thanks! I learned something new today.

* goes to put ice bag on over-heated head *
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 12
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

LOL...... I Saw your post and I was getting dizzy..... I thought man after 20k posts and he dosent know experian business is a 2 number score. Either someone stole his identy And the person is about to give alot of people bad advise or HTSC has finally cracked.

2wheel
Message 7 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

No, I happily admit that I know nothing about biz credit specifically. I'm just a cop working the neighborhood beat on this board! Smiley Very Happy

And I'm a "she", btw. Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 12
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

my bad HTSC dont arrest me
2wheel
Message 9 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

lol, I get it all the time. I'm always amazed at how many people think I'm a man.

OTOH, someone once posted that I knew I had to be a woman because I talk (post) incessantly! Smiley Tongue
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.