Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIRST EVER AMEX - Delta Gold - Have questions

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: FIRST EVER AMEX - Delta Gold - Have questions

@StudentSam wrote:

I though the plum card was a charge card , right ?  Or is it a revolve.. I'm saying if i apply for the Amex Gold Charge card, I can't get the Amex plum in due time with good spend/billing history ? You can get them all if you like but why when all you want is the plum? So why waste a HP for any cards you really don't want?

Thanks

The plum is a charge card that can be used as a revolver that give discounts if you pay early and has a good reward program

Edit typing to fast

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 21 of 85
myjourney
Super Contributor

@StudentSam wrote:

oKay so none of the denials will **bleep** my credit score up right ? Thanks so much guys.

Also a side note, my buddy added me as an Authorized User of his Plum card last year in 2012, there's no shot fo me being backdated to that date when my SSN was entered into the system? he spent a lot of money and paid it off so I definitly think being on his Amex as an authorized user helped me get the Amex Gold Personal Delta card with a 5k limit, but then again the way you guys say Amex is random who really knows!

And I saw some ppl mentioning callign Amex and asking for a "Product Change" with the delta gold skymiles to maybe get the BCE or cash back card? I really don't travel a lot at all so the delta card isn't the most appealing to me, but hey it's a foot in the door with Amex and I do a lot of transactions so I'd love to build a good relationship with them

This is why you apply for the card you want and not waste HP's IMHO

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 22 of 85
StudentSam
New Contributor

yes but i was told the delta skymiles was the easiest to get now adays so I went for it, it was a shot in the dark. Had no expectation of getting it, I'm sorry.. If I knew then what I know now.. yeah well whatever, my mistake. I'm still gonna use it, pay it off and have good history... I assume the product change is a no-no

The more cards I have the better, I spent over 250,000 on Internet ads last year, maybe not a huge amount but imagine how good it woulda been to spend that all thru Amex cards opposed to some Chase Business debit card with zero rewards...

The more cards i have the more i can spend/pay off, sure the points/miles arent lucrative to a guy like me who doesn't travel much, but the ability to spend and build history is still there.

It's not liek the plum is all I really wanted, I wanted a good personal card and a business plum is end goal, but I'm open to having as many as I can get , i don't use them to buy lavish gifts and stuff it's all business and ad expenses that are already accounted for and paid off basically instantly.

gonna apply for the plum now then the gold right after if it falls thru

thx again u kind geniuses

Starting Score: 506
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 85
myjourney
Super Contributor

@StudentSam wrote:

yes but i was told the delta skymiles was the easiest to get now adays so I went for it, it was a shot in the dark. Had no expectation of getting it, I'm sorry.. If I knew then what I know now.. yeah well whatever, my mistake. I'm still gonna use it, pay it off and have good history... I assume the product change is a no-no

gonna apply for the plum now then the gold right after if it falls thru

thx again u kind geniuses

Good luck best wishes

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 24 of 85
StudentSam
New Contributor

Thanks man, Sorry I didn't apply for the proper card right away, I was told the delta was the 'easiest' and most 'lenient' so thats why I went for it.. My mistake bro I feel like an A&& now

Message 25 of 85
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

You put $250k through a Chase Business Checking and they haven't been knocking your door down for an ink business credit card?
You need to move to a credit union who will appreciate your business and work with you for products that will work more than a debit card!!
Message 26 of 85
myjourney
Super Contributor

@StudentSam wrote:

Thanks man, Sorry I didn't apply for the proper card right away, I was told the delta was the 'easiest' and most 'lenient' so thats why I went for it.. My mistake bro I feel like an A&& now

No don't feel like that we all do it ...But here is what I have learned apply for the cards you want and save the extra HP's for future cards you may want and in your case business needs come up that need credit to push that big deal through ...You are fine with the easiest Amex rule to get foot in the door but most find out later they could have gotten the card they wanted in the first place...so from today I want you to think like that ...deal? Smiley Happy

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 27 of 85
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Don't feel bad for applying for Delta, call Amex and tell them it was an error that you don't like it and really want blue cash preferred... They might swap it... Worse case at 13 months you can PC for sure.
Message 28 of 85
StudentSam
New Contributor

Yeah I keep over 100k in my account and spent over $200,000 in business expenses last year all on my business debit (the green one). Not usre if I got any rewards. They wouldn't give me INK because i have a prior closed out Chase credit card that i settled for less on ($500 limit card), and when they were applying i was still doing my federal loan rehab. The defaults dropped off my account around April-May-Jun ish of this year, so My score was like a 597-610 until all those dropped noff, now it's like a 668 and I got approved for the Amex, so maybe I can get the ink or maybe they are just penalizing me for the negative Chase history (Although they see my large balance). They offer no secured option either so I'm f'd.

My capital one is still a 500 limit and my BoA is 1k. I think if I use the 5k Amex delta a bunch and then ask for CLI on the Capital/BoA they will comply due to my higher limit on Amex, Who knows thouhg

Moment of truth, gonna apply for the Plum Charge then Gold Charge back to back, I'll let you know how it goes!

Message 29 of 85
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

You just need plum if approved!
Message 30 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.