Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIRST EVER AMEX - Delta Gold - Have questions

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: FIRST EVER AMEX - Delta Gold - Have questions

@StudentSam wrote:

okay sounds good. I'll wait on the letter. I'm glad the delta went thru, I'll use it over over and get the 60 day CLI, Maybe then I can get the Plum business. The only reason I want the plum is because that cash back with the ad buys i do is so lcrative and a no brainer

thanks Smiley Happy

Yes it is plum is perfect for you...the letter will tell you exactly what is needed to get the card Amex is really good about details ....

Sometimes you can even get an analysts to tell you when on the phone with them...Sometimes

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 41 of 85
StudentSam
New Contributor

I wonder what it could be considering I just got approved for the 5k gold deltal ast night, maybe cuz it was personal and not business.. or it was a charge card versus credit, not sure

I really want the plum. the fact i was denied does that set me way back with amex?

Starting Score: 506
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 42 of 85
myjourney
Super Contributor

@StudentSam wrote:

I wonder what it could be considering I just got approved for the 5k gold deltal ast night, maybe cuz it was personal and not business.. or it was a charge card versus credit, not sure

I really want the plum. the fact i was denied does that set me way back with amex? No

Don't sweat it the letter will give you all the details ...question do you have any other Business lines of credit? CC, Loans, etc etc 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 43 of 85
StudentSam
New Contributor

absolutely none. Done all my business with CASH or debit card.. or my personal cc's

Message 44 of 85
myjourney
Super Contributor

@StudentSam wrote:

absolutely none. Done all my business with CASH or debit card.. or my personal cc's

That may be your reason...Amex likes to check business credit with EX EQ but don't think about it wait for the letter.

You will find a lot of great knowledgeable business people in this forum and they will help and answer any questions you may have. I seek advice all the time from this forum scenery guy, open123 and a few others are great. Lean on them and ask questionsSmiley Wink

Shout out to anyone I missed all our great but brain a little slow today long day and couldn't think of all the names Smiley Sad

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 45 of 85
StudentSam
New Contributor

so how do i go about building it then ? I Wish they let me do it they wouldnt be dissapointed. I guess i can run my biz expenses thru my personal gold sincei t;s a sole prop LLC and then re-apply?

Whats my best move boys

Message 46 of 85
myjourney
Super Contributor

@StudentSam wrote:

so how do i go about building it then ? I Wish they let me do it they wouldnt be dissapointed. I guess i can run my biz expenses thru my personal gold sincei t;s a sole prop LLC and then re-apply?

Whats my best move boys

You need a business card since you already have the LLC set up

another question did you apply as a business for that card? (plum) 

I started with Cap1 then went to Amex next up Chase

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 47 of 85
myjourney
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@StudentSam wrote:

Whats my best move boys

You need a business card since you already have the LLC set up

another question did you apply as a business for that card? (plum) 

I started with Cap1 then went to Amex next up Chase

Also personal gold won't help because it reports to personal credit even tho you will still be building Amex history down the road it may play a part in getting you a business card tho

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 48 of 85
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@StudentSam wrote:

Whats my best move boys

Go to bed. Get up tomorrow and do business and stop sweating this.

Wait for your Delta card. Use it and PIF. Plan your 61 day CLI (pay off, let second cycle post then ask for increase 3X your limit) but take what they offer. If they offer less than 3X you have just received an indication as how they feel about you at the time. Once we see how they react we can point you in the proper direction

Gardening in the business forums is a little bit different. You don't get leaves. There is no thread. Nobody notices anything but we are all gardening until our next business credit card move. We pass our time running a business. It's a lot more productive and profitable

So to review:

* Go to bed

* Get up tomorrow and focus on your business

* Raise your right hand and promise no more apps for 90 days. None. Not a peek. No tests. None. AmEx is watching. You want the Plum? No. More. Apps

* Wait for your Delta card and activate

* Do not go hog wild putting all your business spending on this card! I am all about business spend on personal cards <against almost everyone's advice> but I worked up to it. You can do the same but if you go nuts week one AmEx will pop you. I am as sure of this as I was knowing you would be declined for the business card today

* PIF. Pay online or by phone at 800-472-9297. It's OK to make multiple payments a month but you are limited your first cycle I believe so month one do not try to max it out a few times and pay

* Come back in 61 days and we will prep you for the CLI

*Go to bed. Nothing good is going to happen here. It can wait a day. Or a week. Or 90 days. It's not a sprint, it's a marathon.

* The key to getting good business credit? Same as running a business. Proper planning prevents piss poor performance

Good night

Message 49 of 85
StudentSam
New Contributor

Thanks for the kind word good gentleman. I will be back to fight another day. Until Then. Godspeed

Message 50 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.