Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIRST EVER AMEX - Delta Gold - Have questions

tag
StudentSam
New Contributor

Re: FIRST EVER AMEX - Delta Gold - Have questions

Better news, I applied for a CLI on my BoA Cash Rewards Personal account and got approved from 1k to 2k, now my limit is $2,000. Very nice. Gonna lay low on all applications from now forward like you guys suggested 

Starting Score: 506
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 51 of 85
StudentSam
New Contributor

More updates.. got my Capital One $500 Card switched to a Quicksilver One ? Not sure on if it entails a CLI , we shall see.

I got my delta activated and have been using it well. Going to PIF like you all suggested .

My only bummer now is I still have zero business credit. For a company that spends over 200K on expenses (Wire Transfers from my bank and Debit Card purchases) a year, I feel i'm not doing myself justice without putting some stuff on credit for points/score/rewards/etc...

I spend anywhere from  50-150k a year on ads all with my debit card from chase, imagine if I had that all going through my biz credit cards? 

Should I look into a secured card for business to get myself started after the 60-90 days you guys suggested to wait?

Message 52 of 85
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Patience is required for this to work. I know the waiting is not easy - but you have set some goals that will help to build a better future for the business. Do not apply for anything as per earlier posts. Nothing. Work on using the personal AmEx and PIF, then get CLI and then it's time to apply for business cards!

Message 53 of 85
StudentSam
New Contributor

Okay sounds good, Im gonna keep paying off my stuff. It just sucks because my credit score doesn't reflect my income and how much I use my cards and pay them, the only negatives are student loans i defaulted on(but rehabbed, lates still there) and a Chase credit card i settled for less (was $500, wish I could write a goodwill for them to give me another chance considering the huge balance i keep in my chase accounts) 

Can nyone here take a look @ my report and gimmie suggestions to raise the score?

Thanks

Message 54 of 85
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Nobody's credit score reflects income. To an extent it does not reflect usage unless you consider utilization (and low utilization is better than high when seeking credit). Time heals all of your ills as long as you do not make a single mistake again.

Creditors will take into account the usage of the card and your "in house" payments so seeking credit with someone who has issued you one card can become easier once your history build up in a positive way. So back to use it, PIF and wait. I promise it can happen but it takes time. 

Message 55 of 85
StudentSam
New Contributor

no intention on making a mistake at all. student loans and a naive full of himself 20-21 year old ME did. I'm over it, I did the rehabs and made my improvements. Wondering if I should PIF my 11k loan balance or if paying it monthly looks better?

Interest is a killer

Message 56 of 85
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@StudentSam wrote:

no intention on making a mistake at all. student loans and a naive full of himself 20-21 year old ME did. I'm over it, I did the rehabs and made my improvements. Wondering if I should PIF my 11k loan balance or if paying it monthly looks better?

Interest is a killer

That's a question I can't answer as I did not take student loans. Perhaps post it in the proper forum area and see what others experience shows. I would think that if you could PIF now it might be a boost to your score and it would clearly demonstrate your ability to pay off debt. Could always be used on a recon call as a positive. 

Message 57 of 85
StudentSam
New Contributor

for sure. I didn't even graduate.. Smiley Frustrated

Message 58 of 85
StudentSam
New Contributor

okay just checking back in. Have paid my balance in full both times, when do I go about that CLI ? 

Message 59 of 85
myjourney
Super Contributor

@StudentSam wrote:

okay just checking back in. Have paid my balance in full both times, when do I go about that CLI ? 

Is this on the delta?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 60 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.