cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIRST EVER AMEX - Delta Gold - Have questions

New Contributor

Re: FIRST EVER AMEX - Delta Gold - Have questions

OK. I applied for the Plum Charge and got this->

 

Your application is pending further review.

Thank you for your application for The Plum Card® From American Express OPEN. We have processed your application but we need more information before notifying you of our decision.

Thank you for choosing American Express.

 

Is that a Hard or soft inquiry now ?

 

Whats my next move?


Starting Score: 506
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 800


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 85
Super Contributor

Re: FIRST EVER AMEX - Delta Gold - Have questions


StudentSam wrote:

OK. I applied for the Plum Charge and got this->

 

Your application is pending further review.

Thank you for your application for The Plum Card® From American Express OPEN. We have processed your application but we need more information before notifying you of our decision.

Thank you for choosing American Express.

 

Is that a Hard or soft inquiry now ?

 

Whats my next move?


Call now and good luck the good news it wasn't a denial ....go for it call

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 32 of 85
New Contributor

Re: FIRST EVER AMEX - Delta Gold - Have questions

Got off the phone with the Rep he told me they can't process my Plum application until about 3-5 days after my first application was approved, Since I did the delta gold skymiles last night and got approved, and I just applied for this without waiting a few days, it told me I am currently pending.

 

He said call back friday and he will see wha the can do.. Hope this din't fux anything up

 


Starting Score: 506
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 800


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 33 of 85
Super Contributor

Re: FIRST EVER AMEX - Delta Gold - Have questions

Edit 

 

I applied for a green personal and business the same day minutes apart...my business card took 24 hours to approve so it happens

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 34 of 85
Super Contributor

Re: FIRST EVER AMEX - Delta Gold - Have questions


StudentSam wrote:

Got off the phone with the Rep he told me they can't process my Plum application until about 3-5 days after my first application was approved, Since I did the delta gold skymiles last night and got approved, and I just applied for this without waiting a few days, it told me I am currently pending.

 

He said call back friday and he will see wha the can do.. Hope this din't fux anything up

 


I think you will be fine Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 35 of 85
Epic Contributor

Re: FIRST EVER AMEX - Delta Gold - Have questions

Sounds good to me!!
Message 36 of 85
New Contributor

Re: FIRST EVER AMEX - Delta Gold - Have questions

Smiley Sad Aw this sucks.

 


Starting Score: 506
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 800


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 37 of 85
New Contributor

Re: FIRST EVER AMEX - Delta Gold - Have questions

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!

 

I called back and asked him to check on my application for the Plum card.. he said It was DENIED! Smiley Sad He said i'll get a letter in the mail and it'll tell me why. Sigh. Thats a real bummer, should I go right for the gold now ? 


Starting Score: 506
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 800


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 38 of 85
Super Contributor

Re: FIRST EVER AMEX - Delta Gold - Have questions


StudentSam wrote:

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!

 

I called back and asked him to check on my application for the Plum card.. he said It was DENIED! Smiley Sad He said i'll get a letter in the mail and it'll tell me why. Sigh. Thats a real bummer, should I go right for the gold now ? 


No don't apply for any more cards wait on the letter.

This in no way hurt your scores it was a SP

See what the letter says and let us know then you can go from there

 

In the mean time use your Delta for history and 60 day 3x CLI

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 39 of 85
New Contributor

Re: FIRST EVER AMEX - Delta Gold - Have questions

okay sounds good. I'll wait on the letter. I'm glad the delta went thru, I'll use it over over and get the 60 day CLI, Maybe then I can get the Plum business. The only reason I want the plum is because that cash back with the ad buys i do is so lcrative and a no brainer

 

thanks Smiley Happy


Starting Score: 506
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 800


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 40 of 85