Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: FIRST EVER AMEX - Delta Gold - Have questions

StudentSam wrote:

Thanks guys! Had to call the Amex executive office and deal with them a bit before they pushed me through. Last on my list is the Amex Business GOLD card.. Should I apply now or get some use on the plum then apply?

If you had to go the EO route it woukld be best to use the new card for 6-12 months before going for another 

They will want to see your history IMHO

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
I will be gardening until a better offer/bonus comes along
Last escape 06/06/13 Bronze 7/6/2013 Silver 9/6/2013 Gold 12/6/2013 Palladium 3/6/14 made it...6/6/14 Plat is all mine
New Contributor
StudentSam

Spent 140K on the Amex Plum since October 10th (when I got the card). Just applied for the BusinessGold and got accepted!.. now I have Delta Skymiles personal, Biz Plum, and Biz gold. Last on my list is the Platinum to one day get concierge benefits etc... I also like the SPG because I stay at a lot of Starwood properties when I do travel.

I came a long way from 507 Credit score last year, now I have a 694 and 3 Amex!! :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: 506
Current Score: 685
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
youngman1234

Wow congrats... I have the biz gold as well. I have spent like 240k so far in 8 months I applied for the plum back in nov and got declined. I'm hoping to reapply in April..
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

StudentSam wrote:

Spent 140K on the Amex Plum since October 10th (when I got the card). Just applied for the BusinessGold and got accepted!.. now I have Delta Skymiles personal, Biz Plum, and Biz gold. Last on my list is the Platinum to one day get concierge benefits etc... I also like the SPG because I stay at a lot of Starwood properties when I do travel.

I came a long way from 507 Credit score last year, now I have a 694 and 3 Amex!! :smileyhappy:

Congrats 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
I will be gardening until a better offer/bonus comes along
Last escape 06/06/13 Bronze 7/6/2013 Silver 9/6/2013 Gold 12/6/2013 Palladium 3/6/14 made it...6/6/14 Plat is all mine
New Contributor
maksimfa

Congrats on the success.

Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

StudentSam wrote:

just curious why have Plum and Biz gold? why not just get the platinum if that's what you want.

Fico Scores: EQ 639 Navy, TU 667 GE, EX 677 Prosper (06-27-14)
ENTERED GARDEN 07/07/2014 After getting auto loan
Joint Cards: Navy NavCheck $15000, Discover iT $9000, Macy Amex $4000, Macy Store $3000, Macy Furniture $5800
AU: Virgin America $8500, CSP $27,000, Fidelity Amex $25,000, AA Biz $25,000, Barclay USAir Biz $6640... The List Goes On!
Mine: I have to many... (20+) They won't fit :smileytongue:
New Contributor
maksimfa

If you can support the fee for platinum, which if you travel is easy to do, between the lounge access, global entry reimbursement as well as annual airfare credit, just call amex and see if they will upgrade you from the biz gold to platinum. ....

there are also offers in the mail for up to $100k membership reward points with $10k spend, so keep an eye out on that.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+