cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finishing up my LLC paperwork--two questions . . .

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finishing up my LLC paperwork--two questions . . .

I decided to form my LLC online with the Secretary of State.  The application is pretty simple but I need some advice on two questions. 

One item on the app asks for a "fiscal close month".  Is there any advantage to choosing a month other than December for the end of the fiscal year?  We haven't opened for business yet so I guess I can choose any month--or is it just June or December? 

The other thing--there is a box that says "The Limited Liability Company will be:  (1) Member Managed (2) Manager Managed or (3) Director Managed".  I will be the owner and general manager.  So, should I just check "Manager Managed"? 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Re: Finishing up my LLC paperwork--two questions . . .

My Fiscal year end is December.......you can shoose any month, but December makes it much easier. My LLC is also Manager Managed.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help--I'll use December too!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

With all 3 companies that I have, i use December as the close of the fiscal year. It jut makes it easier as the end of the year and end of the fiscal year are the same that way. Some people do like to choose another month to end their fiscal year based on when they start the company.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

With all 3 companies that I have, i use December as the close of the fiscal year. It jut makes it easier as the end of the year and end of the fiscal year are the same that way. Some people do like to choose another month to end their fiscal year based on when they start the company.

Thanks for your help.  My application to form the LLC has been submitted--so now it's just a waiting game until I can move on to the next phase.  I'm very excited to get all this started!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.