Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fleet Universal to Chevron MasterCard?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Fleet Universal to Chevron MasterCard?

First when did Chevron MasterCard go to Fleet Corp from GE?

2. I ended up with an $1800 approved Fleet Universal MasterCard after an app that I closed out went thourgh and HP EX... I have had it for a couple months now and have never used it because I hate that it's only for gas and some oil places and the rewards (ik'm still not totally sure on) but I did try to use it the other day at Arco but it wanted to charge me $.35 for using a credit card (i thought they had to stop charging that fee for 1 and 2 I aint paying it!)

I use my 76 gas card exclusively but the Chevron has a $.20 cent a gallon off for AN ENTIRE YEAR promo right now and that might just beat my 76 gas card that gives me cash price at the stations I go to plus the $.5 cents now on statement since im past my initial 60 day $.10 cent promo.

any chance I can product change you think or worth applying again and same underwriting?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Fleet Universal to Chevron MasterCard... Update

Well decided to just apply and got message that I passed initial verification right away and that I would get final decision shortly... I instantly called and said I have current Universal Fleet MC and I would be willing to use that CL or close that account to open this one and the very nice guy transferred me to financial services who told me

"I see the application is approved for the $1k you asked for"

I said well it asked me how much I expected to spend a month and that was the $1k not really the CL I wanted if approved (but thinking in my head SWEET APPROVED!)

he said oh well if you want more we can review it in the future.

I asked if I could now take some CL from the other account and move it over

he said well I don't know that you really need to touch that CL, you can probably just have more on this BUT you should wait to receive these new cards and then call us.

I hope he is right when I do call back but excited it was instant basically even though I didn't see instant online Smiley Happy

$.20 cents off here I come!

Message 2 of 8
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Re: Fleet Universal to Chevron MasterCard... Update

Congrats!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Fleet Universal to Chevron MasterCard?

Another update:

they just called and I was approved for $1k/WEEK

net 14

thats only thing I don't like about these cards is no use outside gas and service but I did get for $.20 cents off so it's cool

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 5 of 8
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

First when did Chevron MasterCard go to Fleet Corp from GE?

2. I ended up with an $1800 approved Fleet Universal MasterCard after an app that I closed out went thourgh and HP EX... I have had it for a couple months now and have never used it because I hate that it's only for gas and some oil places and the rewards (ik'm still not totally sure on) but I did try to use it the other day at Arco but it wanted to charge me $.35 for using a credit card (i thought they had to stop charging that fee for 1 and 2 I aint paying it!)

I use my 76 gas card exclusively but the Chevron has a $.20 cent a gallon off for AN ENTIRE YEAR promo right now and that might just beat my 76 gas card that gives me cash price at the stations I go to plus the $.5 cents now on statement since im past my initial 60 day $.10 cent promo.

any chance I can product change you think or worth applying again and same underwriting?

So it happened to you too huh? That's how i got my business gas card the beginning of the year. I opened up the app online just to see what kind of info needed for business. I filled it out did not submit. Closed the app, turned off the pc and went to sleep. The following day got a notification that cr was pulled. Got approved for $1.5k lol. I ended up keeping it since i only gas up at chevron.

What i like about it is i get 15 cents rebate per gallon when using the card. Rep told me several months back when i asked how long my promotional rebate is for. Was told rebate is good as long as the account is open..not a promotion. So i double dip with the gas card. The station i go to has a cash price 15 cents cheaper compared to when using debit/credit. But cash price also applies when using chevron card. So in actuality, im getting 30 cents off per gallon.

Congrats on the approvals btw!

Update on the business gas card rebate:

my recent (6th) statement just posted and noticed no rebates posted. called iFleet to ask about it and csr said she did not see any rebates indicated on the account. was told she will forward account inquiry for supervisor to look into my question. was told to call back in a few days. it looks like the monthly rebate was a promotional offer...but im hoping the system just messed up lol.

Message 6 of 8
lumierephoto
Established Member

WARNING!!!

Do not get this card!! Read the user agreement. It is the worst ever. Their company is incompetant and I believe a class action lawsuit should be placed against this company. 

They have a $75 dollar late fee/minimum. Even if your balance is 0.01.

An account fee of $10 per month.

Returned check fee of $50.

They do not keep their records of billing current, but yet bill bi-weekly.

AVOID THIS CARD AT ALL COSTS!!

Message 7 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@lumierephoto wrote:

WARNING!!!

Do not get this card!! Read the user agreement. It is the worst ever. Their company is incompetant and I believe a class action lawsuit should be placed against this company. 

They have a $75 dollar late fee/minimum. Even if your balance is 0.01.

An account fee of $10 per month.

Returned check fee of $50.

They do not keep their records of billing current, but yet bill bi-weekly.

AVOID THIS CARD AT ALL COSTS!!

yup just learned the hard way... just closed my account and now fighting to get back $75.

They can't even read the billing statements in customer service let alone me!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.