Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign Transaction Fees on Business Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Foreign Transaction Fees on Business Cards

So I'm new to Business Credit and I ordered some inventory from a supplier in China and was hit with $30 in foreign transaction fees for a $1,000 order.

I had made a purchase before using a personal card and it had no fees at all so I assumed the same would apply to my business card or that all business cards had built in no foreign transaction fees as most businesses at some point or another do business with another country.

Any advice for this or what I should do for the future? This is a good supplier I would like to continue working with but not trying to pay an additional 3% every purchase.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: Foreign Transaction Fees on Business Cards

If you used BOA they do have 3% FTF.

Amex Simply cash is 2.7%

Before applying these are the things to look at.

Checking your T&C for fees before using the card internationally.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Foreign Transaction Fees on Business Cards

It was for Amex but yes I just used BOA too Transaction is still spending for that so I guess I'm expecting FTF for both now Smiley Sad

I used 2 cards before with this company neither charges me a FTF one was Chase Slate the other was my Debit Card I just assumed since neither had an issue that either this company wasn't considered foreign or that I wouldn't incur these fees.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.