cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found out I have had an active Capital One credit card for 11 years! would like some input please:)

tag
wyattm
New Contributor

Found out I have had an active Capital One credit card for 11 years! would like some input please:)

After reviewing my credit report I noticed an open active capital one business credit card that was opened in 2003 with a small limit of $500 and it has never been used.  I called and they are sending me the card.  My question is since it has been active and reporting  for 11 years do you think I would have a good shot at a CLI or should I charge a little on it and pay on it first then try for the increase? Thank you in advance for the responses.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
MT936
Established Contributor

Re: Found out I have had an active Capital One credit card for 11 years! would like some input pleas

I believe if you use the request cli button online it is a soft pull so I would look into that

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 2 of 12
Irisa
Senior Contributor

Re: Found out I have had an active Capital One credit card for 11 years! would like some input pleas

@wyattm wrote:

After reviewing my credit report I noticed an open active capital one business credit card that was opened in 2003 with a small limit of $500 and it has never been used.  I called and they are sending me the card.  My question is since it has been active and reporting  for 11 years do you think I would have a good shot at a CLI or should I charge a little on it and pay on it first then try for the increase? Thank you in advance for the responses.

You may have to contact the EO on this one or wait until you use the card a few months. Last month I got the following response when I hit the love button online: 

This account has not had at least 3 monthly payments made  over the last year.

I had to go through the EO to get an increase. Then again, YMMV. The love botton is a SP, nothing to lose by trying. Good luck! Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 12
wyattm
New Contributor

Do you think I should do that now or wait until after I have used the card and paid on it first? Even though it's 11 years old, I've never charged on it.
Message 4 of 12
wyattm
New Contributor

How do I find the correct contact for EO?
Message 5 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@wyattm wrote:

Google Capital One Executive Office...   mod cut

Message 6 of 12
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@wyattm wrote:

Posting the email address is against forum's rules, but this should help: 

http://bit.ly/1g0P1zO

Look at the very first link on there, it's on there. 

Message 7 of 12
wyattm
New Contributor

Ok thank you. I will try the online CLI first then go from there.
Message 8 of 12
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@wyattm wrote:

Google Capital One Executive Office...   Email of the CEO  

Gdale, posting personal email addresses is against the forum's TOS. 

Message 9 of 12
MT936
Established Contributor

keep us updated

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.