Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Business Checking Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Free Business Checking Account

Any banks offering Free Checking for Businesses? If not What are some banks with min. fees for a Small Business? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
silver_idle
Established Contributor

Re: Free Business Checking Account

@Anonymous wrote:

Any banks offering Free Checking for Businesses? If not What are some banks with min. fees for a Small Business? 

You can try Small Business Bank but I dont really like them. If you looking for small fees, Wells Fargo, Fifth Third Bank, Bank of America, or Chase. Im currently am with Wells Fargo, but I am moving to Fifth Third Bank before I do serious banking. Also look at some credit unions around in your area to see what they offer. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks. The research I did were the same you listed. I will check with local credit unions too

Message 3 of 6
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok thanks. The research I did were the same you listed. I will check with local credit unions too

US Bank and Chase have plans for small businesses that can be free if you leave $1500 in the account as a minimum balance to avoid the fee. 

I keep an account with Chase, useful for the credit card offerings, showing a relationship, but also have business accounts with a couple of credit unions to avoid some remaining fees in the package. I receive incoming wire payments that Chase wants to charge $15 each for, but the credit union will accept for free.

You'd be surprised the credit unions you may be eligible to join due to family, work, school...  or those that have relationships with organizations where you join the organization for a year and then you can become a member of the credit union. The membership or donation to the other organization is usually just a one-time amount, but you remain a member of the credit union for as long as you'd like.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks. Very helpful info
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

US Bank and Chase have plans for small businesses that can be free if you leave $1500 in the account as a minimum balance to avoid the fee. 

I keep an account with Chase, useful for the credit card offerings, showing a relationship, but also have business accounts with a couple of credit unions to avoid some remaining fees in the package. I receive incoming wire payments that Chase wants to charge $15 each for, but the credit union will accept for free.

You'd be surprised the credit unions you may be eligible to join due to family, work, school...  or those that have relationships with organizations where you join the organization for a year and then you can become a member of the credit union. The membership or donation to the other organization is usually just a one-time amount, but you remain a member of the credit union for as long as you'd like.

Agreed.  I have my small business accounts with Chase and they have been great..So give them a shot if you can keep those minimum balances..

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.