Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funny AMEX denial letter for SimplyCash business card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny AMEX denial letter for SimplyCash business card

So I applied for a SimplyCash at the same instant as my SPG, and received a rather amusing denial letter for it today.

The list of reasons state the following, which seem to contradict each other:

"Your credit report indicates few or no credit card accounts. (Experian)"  and

"The time since your most recent account opening is too short." 

So 12 cards on file is not enough, clearly I need to open more and they need to be older!  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Funny AMEX denial letter for SimplyCash business card

Maybe they were referring to too few or no accounts on your business report? Although, that would make more sense if the second excuse wasn't - "the time since your most recent account opening is too short." LOL.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird.  But most of the cc's exuses for denials are! Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I agree, a lot of times, the denial reasons can appear very generic.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's just a nice way for them to say sorry, we are not interested in you right now. Check back in 6 months. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah Chase said the same thing on my recon of Ink Plus app so i will just chill for about 2 years, then get those last few cards that fit into the lineup.

As i learn more, it feels like certain point systems are more valuable to me than direct cash back anyway.
Message 6 of 7
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah Chase said the same thing on my recon of Ink Plus app so i will just chill for about 2 years, then get those last few cards that fit into the lineup.

As i learn more, it feels like certain point systems are more valuable to me than direct cash back anyway.

We all have developing needs.  At this time, cash back more important.  Earlier, pts more important.  Later, travel will again become important.  BUT, if I do not travel more that twice a year (what is really happening right now), cash back is more lucrative.

Signature needs updating
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.