Established Member
RED_Knives

Getting a Non Secured Loan

Hello,

Have any of you got a non secured loan? If so how did the process go? how long did it take you to find one and who did you do your loan with. It seems at my age of 23 with little to no start up capital and limited credit history I would probably need a secured loan for sure. But how do I dive deeper get a bigger loan and make it non secured. I'm not here to scam the system I would just like to have my personal assets safe just in case. I will be giving it my all. 

Thanks guys and gals. 

Starting Score: 651
Current Score: 714
Goal Score: 715

Credit Cards and Credit Limits: Barclay 1500, AMEX 2000, Discover it-5250, Capital One-1500, Best Buy-1000, CO QuickSilver 500, Chase Slate 1000, BillMeLater-1000, TOTAL 13750
Credit Record Month/Score , 6/650, 7/669, 8/680, 9/693, 10/701
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Regular Contributor
tpatterson2k9

Re: Getting a Non Secured Loan

RED,

Similar to my response to your other post, there are very few if any unsecured financing programs available for businesses. There are programs out there that do not utilize equipment as the collateral (such as with equipment leasing and finance programs), however, they generally will involve a "blanket lien" being placed on your business that liens up all of your business assets including chattel real (that is, your contracts), inventory, and accounts receivable.

In either case, you will need to act as a personal guarantor on the loan meaning that it will not initially be placed on your personal credit (thereby affecting your debt-to-income ratio) but in the event of default, they can place the negative information on your personal credit.

There are "corporate only" finance transactions that do not require PGs (personal guarantors), however, the company has to have a fairly large number of employees and diversity of ownership (that is, multiple owners) to qualify.

Starting Scores (lender pull 3/27/10): 759 (EQ), 752 (TU), 749 (EX)
Current Scores (myFICO 4/4/11): 768 (EQ)
Goal Scores: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+