Valued Member

Getting a Non Secured Loan

Hello,

Have any of you got a non secured loan? If so how did the process go? how long did it take you to find one and who did you do your loan with. It seems at my age of 23 with little to no start up capital and limited credit history I would probably need a secured loan for sure. But how do I dive deeper get a bigger loan and make it non secured. I'm not here to scam the system I would just like to have my personal assets safe just in case. I will be giving it my all. 

Thanks guys and gals. 

Starting Score: 651
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 800

Credit Cards and Credit Limits: BarclayRe 3000,BarclayFin 3000, AMEX 2000, Discover 5250, Cap OnePlat 1500, Cap OneQuiSil 1500, BestBuy 3000, ChaseSla1000, ChaseAmaz 2500, PaypalCre 1758, Target RED 500, TOTAL 25008 OldestAc1.2 years
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Regular Contributor

Re: Getting a Non Secured Loan

RED,

Similar to my response to your other post, there are very few if any unsecured financing programs available for businesses. There are programs out there that do not utilize equipment as the collateral (such as with equipment leasing and finance programs), however, they generally will involve a "blanket lien" being placed on your business that liens up all of your business assets including chattel real (that is, your contracts), inventory, and accounts receivable.

In either case, you will need to act as a personal guarantor on the loan meaning that it will not initially be placed on your personal credit (thereby affecting your debt-to-income ratio) but in the event of default, they can place the negative information on your personal credit.

There are "corporate only" finance transactions that do not require PGs (personal guarantors), however, the company has to have a fairly large number of employees and diversity of ownership (that is, multiple owners) to qualify.

Starting Scores (lender pull 3/27/10): 759 (EQ), 752 (TU), 749 (EX)
Current Scores (myFICO 4/4/11): 768 (EQ)
Goal Scores: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.