cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good News and Need Some Advice (App Spree)

tag
clockscredit
Established Member

Good News and Need Some Advice (App Spree)

My girlfriend and I are in business together, we recently app'd for multiple business cards so we could start building business credit. So I thought I might mention what business cards we picked up this past couple weeks

-Walmart Business 

-Spark (this one wont be used)

-Chevron Universal Business Card

-Amex Delta and SPG Business

-One denial from Citi

We are going to use them, but pay in full after every use. 

We want to keep our utilization at 0%? Is there a better approach at building business credit?

We are Navy Federal members and I want to pick up this card but not sure if we are opening too many new accounts at one time. Should I hold off?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Good News and Need Some Advice (App Spree)

@clockscredit wrote:

My girlfriend and I are in business together, we recently app'd for multiple business cards so we could start building business credit. So I thought I might mention what business cards we picked up this past couple weeks

-Walmart Business 

-One denial from Citi

We want to keep our utilization at 0%? Is there a better approach at building business credit?

We are Navy Federal members and I want to pick up this card but not sure if we are opening too many new accounts at one time. Should I hold off?

Congrats you did a wonderful job at picking up business cards 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 3
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Re: Good News and Need Some Advice (App Spree)

@clockscredit wrote:

-Walmart Business 

-One denial from Citi

No need to worry about keeping UTL at 0% as it does not report to your personal reports. I let mine close at whatever they are at (2% - 50% - 90%) and then pay the bill after it posts. Sometimes I pay it off before it posts if I am traveling and might forget. I'm not sure it matters to them as long as you are using it and paying in full. Important part is to pay no interest (obviously). 

Yes - hold off. You took a bunch of HP to get those cards. Use them for 3-6 months before you try for more cards. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.