Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got DUNS number without Net30 or Sec of State reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got DUNS number without Net30 or Sec of State reporting

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the explanation.  Much appreciated. All that I have bolded has happened to me but I don't have a DUN# but I understand your opinion.  I also realize that what we discuss here typically is just a small part of the business credit world. I learn more stuff all the time.

My response was directed at the proverbial group as I figured you were steering the discussion Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the explanation.  Much appreciated. All that I have bolded has happened to me but I don't have a DUN# but I understand your opinion.  I also realize that what we discuss here typically is just a small part of the business credit world. I learn more stuff all the time.

My response was directed at the proverbial group as I figured you were steering the discussion Smiley Wink

Hah, ok.  Good point.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!  Ok, thanks everyone... I didn't expect this much feedback Smiley Happy

Yes, my own reasons for wanting to build biz credit is so my LLC can eventually get home loans for investment properties without requiring my personal gaurantee (though I think I'm still a long way from that).

But if a DUNS# helps my company "legitimize" quickly on CC apps, avoid verification calls, and (wow) even get instant approvals with high(er) starting limits... then it sounds like a good thing.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't read too much into the DUNS#.  Its not a free pass, its just a notch in your belt.  Now that you have a profile at D&B, log into iupdate and get as much correct profile information into it as you can.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.