Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a "preselected" offer from BofA

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Got a "preselected" offer from BofA

I got a call from Bank of America to talk about my PC, after I put in my last 4 digits and heard the account info, the automated system said I've been preselected to apply for a BofA business card. I know their online offers aren't worth much, but does this seem legit? I do have a Spark, so perhaps that's building my business credit? I'm probably not gonna apply but it's nice to know if it's legit
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
axlm
Regular Contributor

Re: Got a "preselected" offer from BofA

Not sure what you mean by 'legit', but I get these within my online account Special Offers & Deals. FWIW, I don't have any kind of business or anything related, and my spending with my BofA cards is meh, borderline null.

Last update: NOV 2022

Message 2 of 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

OP- I think I know what you are talking about. Whenever I would call boa to activate a credit card through the 800 number. after the lady was processing info, she would say "during this call we may offer you products or services preselected for you. then she would never say anything lol.

I am thinking they are selected for you. U should sign into your login page. go to special offers tab and see if they are listed there. 

Message 3 of 8
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I did, nothing came up. Hmm.
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 4 of 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

maybe call them up and ask them if your account has any preselected account offers?  or they may send you a mailer with code to put in on their website. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

or their way of marketing. business customers are what all companies want.
Message 6 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

These are nothing but ordinary marketing offers that may be available from time to time depending on the BOA relationship.  One thing that a lot of folks have shared regarding BOA business cards, they're usually some of the toughest to obtain.

OP, if you're interested, do some research beforehand - the Business subforum would be a good place to start.

Message 7 of 8
Kb109
Frequent Contributor

It is legit. I have the BoA Worldpoints Business card. They will pull your personal credit to make the decision. This card is not reported to the personal credit bureaus, though. Which is always a GOOD thing! Smiley Wink

Filed Ch7: 6/21/17
Discharged: 10/03/17
Current FICO8 Scores as of 2/10/2019: EX 651, TU 678, EQ 679
My Cards: 1FBUSA $2,900 (survived BK7 and is my oldest account!), Fingerhut $1,100, CreditOne $900, Ollo Rewards $2,500, LendUp Arrow card $2,000, CapitalOne Platinum $3,000. GARDENING FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.