Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guilty of 5/24 but Quick Ink Cash Approval

tag
konupe3
Valued Member

Guilty of 5/24 but Quick Ink Cash Approval

So I've been in the garden since Sept '15, minding my own business, happy as can be, getting CLI's here and there and I've been waiting to apply for the Ink until my scores were primo since Chase can be weird, but I kept reading about the 5/24 rule being applicable to business cards sometime in March. So considering this intel, I decided to apply since I am well over the 5/24 rule. I applied this past Sunday and got the "we'll get back to you in a few weeks message". I played it cool and took the advice of the board and didnt even think about calling to inquire about the status of the card, honestly I forgot about a little bit. 

Well just a few hours ago to my surprise, I got the Ink Cash approval email. I quickly call the number to check my limit and to my delight, 17k limit, wonderful. Chase did not call to confirm anything about my business (LLC DJ Business I have on the side). Chase double pulled me (yuck) both transunion (740) and experian (725). I have under 10 inquires on Trans and 10+ on Experian. I'm around 20% UTIL on all my cards (yes I need to get this down). I do have a great relationship with Chase as I have the CSP (20k) and Marriott (24k) and I put about 3-4k a month through the Marriott and PIF. I don't know if my previous relationship had something to do with the approval but if I had to bet money, I would think so. I have the AMEX Simply Cash with a 10k limit that I got back in Sept. so maybe that helped some as well. 

So to everyone out there that is considering Ink Cash and is worried about the 5/24 rule, I would say it's safe for now, but who knows in a few weeks. 

I also got approved for the Citi Diamond card but only a 3k limit. Citi always gives out baby limits initally but I will call once I get the card to get a CLI (they will pull again but its worth it usually). I wanted to use this card for the 21 months no interest to transfer a balance. I also have Simplicity and DC with them as well. 

Good Luck To everyone on their Ink Quest, I hope this has been helpful. 

Fico Plus Scores: EX: 735 EQ:744 TU: 743
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Guilty of 5/24 but Quick Ink Cash Approval

Congrats! on getting approved for that Chase card which will be useful for you.

And thanks for sharing this -->Chase double pulled me (yuck) both transunion (740) and experian (725).

I really had a mind to bring in their 3% AARP Visa before the 5/24 kicked in but i also knew in the back of my mind that knowing Chase it would likely cost (2) Inqs, and i've had just about enough of Lenders double pulls with the sole exception of Capital One Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
brewcrew87
Regular Contributor

Ahh. I have been thinking about apping for this or the Ink Plus for weeks now. Definitely over the 5/24 rule so I would need to act fast

After seeing your success, I might just have to pull the trigger. Ha.
Main Cards: CSR(30k), DiscoverIT(50k), Freedom(10.5k), Ink+(17k), SallieMae(17.5k), 3x BoA MLB(24k), 2x BoA BBR(16k) and probably too many other cards at this point...
Current Score:
EQ: ??? TU: 799 EX: 784 - Last Updated 2-2-17 - Last CC App 11/25/16
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I'm waffling too. Cash? Plus? Cash? Plus? 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats!! that's a pretty decent SL too. If US Bank won't bump my useless 'cash rewards' to a Cash+ in another year or so I may have to wait to drop below 5/24 again and try for this to support my quarterly vintage video game hardware repair business Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

App for the plus and then pc to cash before the second af hits. The first $95 is more than worth the extra 30k ur's
Message 6 of 10
brewcrew87
Regular Contributor

Ended up apping for the Ink Plus tonight.  Received the typical 30 day response.  Fingers crossed.

Main Cards: CSR(30k), DiscoverIT(50k), Freedom(10.5k), Ink+(17k), SallieMae(17.5k), 3x BoA MLB(24k), 2x BoA BBR(16k) and probably too many other cards at this point...
Current Score:
Message 7 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

As far as I knew/know the 5/24 rule ONLY applies to Freedom, Slate, and CSP... None of the business cards and for sure none of the personal co-branded cards.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

As far as I knew/know the 5/24 rule ONLY applies to Freedom, Slate, and CSP... None of the business cards and for sure none of the personal co-branded cards.

That's true...for now.  It has been reported that the 5/24 is coming this month for the business and cobranded cards.  We shall see.

Message 9 of 10
brewcrew87
Regular Contributor

@uecker4life wrote:

Ended up apping for the Ink Plus tonight.  Received the typical 30 day response.  Fingers crossed.

Ended up getting approved!  I had been getting the 30 day message via the app status line since applying Thursday night but just called and got the "you have been approved" message...

Now to find out what my limit is....

Edit: $17,000 SL. That will work for now.

Current Score:
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.