Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had another successful synchrony bank credit solutions today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had another successful synchrony bank credit solutions today

Good Afternoon Forum Members

Well I called synch bank in regards to my BP Visa Gas card in hopes of a CLI since i recently started my new business which btw finally got my FEIN today and I will be registered with the state of NC soon, thanks to all the help of Legal Zoom they really are good at what they do anyway since its a auto transport company i am going to need gas so i called asked for $8K and they countered back with $4k up from $1K SL  not bad they told me I should apply for a commercial account since I have my FEIN number 

Question has anyone seen better results with their FEIN when applying and has anyone applied for a commercial account with BP Visa?

Also I was offered to get a DUNS number but to establish that with a credit background check they want $699 geez.  Is that worth doing in the beginning stages of all this

Thank You for reading my post and as always your comments and advice are welcome

Please Have a Blessed Day 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
iv
Valued Contributor

Re: Had another successful synchrony bank credit solutions today

@Anonymous wrote:

Also I was offered to get a DUNS number but to establish that with a credit background check they want $699 geez.  Is that worth doing in the beginning stages of all this

Thank You for reading my post and as always your comments and advice are welcome

Please Have a Blessed Day 

Who wants to charge you $699 for a DUNS number?  It's free!

http://www.dnb.com/get-a-duns-number.html

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning,

Yes in fact it is free to obtain a DUNS number, however I spoke directly to Dun & Bradstreet on the phone yesterday and the free option doesnt include a credit background check which according to the Duns Rep assists in establishing a credit score and that information is posted into ones file.  It is also for an expidited service of 5 to 8 business days instead of the normal month or longer.  Since I went with Legal Zoom to handle all my filing and they are my registered agents, I am allowed 30 minute attorney consults and I have one set up for later this morning, I am going to ask if this is neccassary at this point because I spoke to a business associate of mine and he suggested that its not neccassary to do so.  I am only looking into a Duns Number to help establish some form of business credit profile to increase the creditabilty of my newly formed company.  I will be posting in the business credit forum later today inquiring about obtaining some tradelines and what type of companies I can apply to as a business first starting out.

Thanks for reading my post and I welcome any comments or advice.

Message 3 of 6
iv
Valued Contributor

Getting a DUNS issued isn't a bad idea (depending on your line of business, landing certain contracts can require one), but I wouldn't bother with the paid/rush/additional services.

If you're just starting your business and don't have existing business credit or established revenue, you may be asked for a personal guarantee, based on your own credit, rather than the business' credit.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

DUNS is a WASTE of money... most lenders that still pull Duns will also pull EX Business and that will be generated for free like most credit reports.

The Fleet Gas cards are TERRIBLE!!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

DUNS is a WASTE of money... most lenders that still pull Duns will also pull EX Business and that will be generated for free like most credit reports.

The Fleet Gas cards are TERRIBLE!!

Words of wisdom.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.