Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest Capital One Spark limit ??

tag
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Highest Capital One Spark limit ??

Unfortunately $30k will be tough to get with Cap1.  I would plan on a line of $10k or below to start with.

Message 11 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Can't really beat the rewards on it without doing categories!
I agree don't like personal reporting of business credit but it's okay right now for me.
Message 12 of 22
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Yeah I was thinking probably like 10k but I could always pay in advance and raise my limit...
Message 13 of 22
Javagafire
Established Member

I've had my cap one sparks for close to two months and i have yet to see them report to my personal. Is this a new thing or are they taking their sweet time to tell all CRA's about my new business account?

Message 14 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Javagafire wrote:

I've had my cap one sparks for close to two months and i have yet to see them report to my personal. Is this a new thing or are they taking their sweet time to tell all CRA's about my new business account?

they must just be delay!

Message 15 of 22
ForMyBiz
Frequent Contributor

@Javagafire wrote:

They've reported every month since Aug for me.  Actually wish they wouldn't report to personal credit, but I guess it doesn't matter too much.  Good rewards though IMO

Message 16 of 22
youngman1234
Established Contributor

I wish they didnt report that would be awesome..
Message 17 of 22
GregB
Valued Contributor

My Spark was opened at $20k, where it remains. I would think if CapOne offered higher limits, I would qualify as I generally charge $6-8k per month and PIF on the due date. That means my balance just before payment date would be $14-16k.

It stinks because it reports to personal credit. Rewards are reasonable and due date is 4 days before cycle date.

I have recently added Amex Business, which does not report to personal credit but must be paid in full every month. The due date is 11 days before cycle date. Rewards are better but there will be a $175 yearly fee after first year. There was no yearly fee first year and $300 rewards after spending $5k in first three months so I'm still well ahead for first 3-4 years.

Message 18 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@GregB wrote:

My Spark was opened at $20k, where it remains. I would think if CapOne offered higher limits, I would qualify as I generally charge $6-8k per month and PIF on the due date. That means my balance just before payment date would be $14-16k.

It stinks because it reports to personal credit. Rewards are reasonable and due date is 4 days before cycle date.

I have recently added Amex Business, which does not report to personal credit but must be paid in full every month. The due date is 11 days before cycle date. Rewards are better but there will be a $175 yearly fee after first year. There was no yearly fee first year and $300 rewards after spending $5k in first three months so I'm still well ahead for first 3-4 years.

Cap1 you could request an increase (it's a SP)

Also do you have the Cash Card that is 2%? it's hard to beat that without being in some category with another card.

Message 19 of 22
Javagafire
Established Member

Spoke too soon. They reported to my personal Smiley Sad

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.