Regular Contributor
natasjlp

How do I check if my company has credit?

I have a c-corp since 2003 and never pursued any credit that I am aware of - how do I check if we have credit - where do I begin?!
Super Contributor
concorduser

Re: How do I check if my company has credit?

You can call and find out. D&B / Experien Business / Equifax Business are 3 major credit reporting agencies for business.
Moderator Emeritus
ByrdMan

Beware of the hard sell by D&B. They will tell you that your file isn't complete unless you purchase something from them to make it complete. They are very persistent about this. You can generate a paydex score without their "assistance".

how do you apply???
Moderator Emeritus
ByrdMan

Apply for what?

rezultsbydebi wrote:
how do you apply???

How do I generate a paydex score with out paying for a D&B number? I think that was the original reason I did not get a D&B and worry about company credit because a D&B was something like a few hundred dollars if I recall correctly - I had better things to spend a few hundred buck on at that time.

Do I have to pay for business CRs? or pay to find out the paydex score?

Frequent Contributor
2wheel

DnB - Get your dnb number and ask for a password from duns you can check your dnb file at no charge any time you want thru e-update getting the duns number and password is the trick I told duns I was applting for a goverment contract thet required me to to have a duns number they should give it to you instantly. Ask them to give you a password for e-update. To check after you have a duns number and password// go to small business on duns page click it and go to check my business file to correct or view. it should take you to e update
2wheel
Frequent Contributor
2wheel

as for experian and equifax you going to have to pay for those
2wheel
Regular Contributor
natasjlp

so, if I tell dnb I am applying for a government contract they will give me a number for free? Why and how do they charge for it - what is the difference - how can they charge you for it but then just give it to you as well?
Frequent Contributor
2wheel

wont charge you for the number but to cut out the 1/2 hour pitch for there services you might want to say goverment contract:smileywink:
2wheel

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}