cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I check if my company has credit?

tag
natasjlp
Regular Contributor

How do I check if my company has credit?

I have a c-corp since 2003 and never pursued any credit that I am aware of - how do I check if we have credit - where do I begin?!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: How do I check if my company has credit?

You can call and find out. D&B / Experien Business / Equifax Business are 3 major credit reporting agencies for business.
Message 2 of 10
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Beware of the hard sell by D&B. They will tell you that your file isn't complete unless you purchase something from them to make it complete. They are very persistent about this. You can generate a paydex score without their "assistance".

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 10
rezultsbydebi
Valued Member

how do you apply???
Message 4 of 10
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Apply for what?

rezultsbydebi wrote:
how do you apply???

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 10
natasjlp
Regular Contributor

How do I generate a paydex score with out paying for a D&B number? I think that was the original reason I did not get a D&B and worry about company credit because a D&B was something like a few hundred dollars if I recall correctly - I had better things to spend a few hundred buck on at that time.

Do I have to pay for business CRs? or pay to find out the paydex score?

Message 6 of 10
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

DnB - Get your dnb number and ask for a password from duns you can check your dnb file at no charge any time you want thru e-update getting the duns number and password is the trick I told duns I was applting for a goverment contract thet required me to to have a duns number they should give it to you instantly. Ask them to give you a password for e-update. To check after you have a duns number and password// go to small business on duns page click it and go to check my business file to correct or view. it should take you to e update
2wheel
Message 7 of 10
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

as for experian and equifax you going to have to pay for those
2wheel
Message 8 of 10
natasjlp
Regular Contributor

so, if I tell dnb I am applying for a government contract they will give me a number for free? Why and how do they charge for it - what is the difference - how can they charge you for it but then just give it to you as well?
Message 9 of 10
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

wont charge you for the number but to cut out the 1/2 hour pitch for there services you might want to say goverment contractSmiley Wink
2wheel
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.